Poor Ketan - Update No.1

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I've just had a call from a man on the edge :rolleyes:

Poor Ketan has just discovered that his frieght has been refused by an American pilot so is not in the air winging it's way to us :sad:

Apparantly the consignment smelt too strongly of fumes (as it's mostly made up of flammables such as monomer, scrubfresh, etc.) and the pilot refused to allow it be to loaded on to the plane - Ketan is absolutely furious and distraught.

He's asked me to let you guys know it's going to be a while longer yet before it arrives but he's promised to let me know when it gets here, so I can pass the news on.

I feel for the guys at the OSNS, like the rest of us, they're just trying to run their businesses and earn a living

Monikia - He's out at the moment at a meeting but he will call you soon he promises :hug:

oh bless him he's having a real rough time with this isn't he, i wish him all the best tell him to hang in there xx:hug:xx

Gawd ... as if he didn't have enough to worry about :eek:

Although not Creative trained, I do use some of their sundry products so can totally understand the pure frustration of all those involved either directly or indirectly.

no wonder he is fustrated...he tries his best and then this happens..talk about:grr:

i don't understand all this stuff..but what about other companies...how do they get there stuff over then...?

Poor Ketan :hug:he must have been really excited, thinking that at last he could stock up and then this happens!

Mega hugs to Ketan and mega hugs to you Trinity for letting us know :hug:

Poor Ketan. Hope it gets sorted soon. He's such a great guy.:hug:

Hi guys, just to let you know that Lorraine and I too are awaiting our stock for scotland. this order is coming with Ketans. Please hang in there. Everybody will be contacted as soon as we know when we are able to supply. shelly.

What a dilemma!

I do however find it rather odd that the products where packaged in such a way that any fumes would be detectable at all. Monomer/scrubfresh etc all come in factory sealed containers so there should be no fumes whatsoever, added to the fact that as hazardous materials they would be packaged in such a way that the containers where protected agains any accidental damage causing leaks.

I'm guessing a bit or repackaging shouldn't cause a delay & they could be on the next plane out!

Pilots can be really finicky about these kinds of things. Especially when you are talking about the amount of product he is trying to bring in. Not to worry, I am sure they will get it on the next flight.

something must have broken open.. probably a bottle of monomer... if its factory sealed and hazmat packaged no pilot would have an issue.. so something must have broken open.

I'm guessing a bit or repackaging shouldn't cause a delay & they could be on the next plane out!

Unfortunately it's not that simple, it has to be returned to CND's depot so delivery has to be arranged, then it has to be unpacked and repacked, then redelivered back to the airport. It then has to be booked on to a plane, no guarantee when a freight space will be available. It then has to clear customs here in the UK, which I understand is one of the biggest hurdles. Then collected from the airport, delivered to the OSNS for them to unpack, check through, etc. before it can begin to leave to be couriered to us.

Hence Ketan's frustration :irked:

Poor Ketan,and everyone else for that matter too :!:

Not sure if you know Trin,but I'll ask anyway :D If this is the case with shipping,is it permanent or will it always be this difficult to get stock over here ?

Many thanks hun x

can i just ask again as it hasn't been answered yet....how do the other companies like ezflow etc do it then...?? why does this appear to be a creative only problem..??

can i just ask again as it hasn't been answered yet....how do the other companies like ezflow etc do it then...?? why does this appear to be a creative only problem..??

The same way I'm guessing, according to Ketan it's not the first time this has happened, he was told they've had shipments returned for repacking in the past, it's just affecting us more now as we're all desperate I suppose.

I have had this problem before to when bringing in mass quantites of nail polish from the USA. It only takes one to leak! Even the best packed orders get chucked around, but it can cause real problems. You are right...customes clearence is even worse.
Been there before so have every sympathy.......:cry:

This is not a Creative only problem.

The cheapest way to import products is to bring it in by ship.and this can take up to 6-8 weeks.!
Ketan is trying to get the stock as quickly as possible,so he is paying more to fly it to the UK.Hazardous products are not taken on every plane,and only limited amounts are allowed anyway .
Hazardous stock needs loads of paperwork and customs clearance and has to be packed in accordance with aviation laws.
It is a lot more complicated than you think,especially when the shipments are as large as the Creative ones.

It is a lot more complicated than you think,especially when the shipments are as large as the Creative ones.

absolutley...and thats why i asked the question :) cos i have no idea how it all works

This seems all very complicated and fustrating!

Thank goodness it's not a problem with the company sourcing it's supply from the manufacturer or we would all be in for a long wait!!

Imagine that!:eek:

I've just had a call from a man on the edge :rolleyes:

Poor Ketan has just discovered that his frieght has been refused by an American pilot so is not in the air winging it's way to us :sad:

Apparantly the consignment smelt too strongly of fumes (as it's mostly made up of flammables such as monomer, scrubfresh, etc.) and the pilot refused to allow it be to loaded on to the plane - Ketan is absolutely furious and distraught.

He's asked me to let you guys know it's going to be a while longer yet before it arrives but he's promised to let me know when it gets here, so I can pass the news on.

I feel for the guys at the OSNS, like the rest of us, they're just trying to run their businesses and earn a living

Further to my post during the week above, Ketan called me this evening in a state to total jubilation.............his delivery will be in the air on Sunday....HARAAH!!!!! :D

He is one happy man, it must be said :lol:

Due to the bank holiday the absolute earliest it will leave customs is Tuesday but it may well be with him by Wednesday. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a stock resolution in sight :D

This shipment is flammable stuff, Retention+, Scrubfresh, etc. He's hoping to get another in a week or so of non-flammables, I'm guessing stuff like Solar Oil, abrasives, etc. but don't quote me on that as I'm not fully sure of what is likely to be in it.

As soon as he has the stuff available he's going to let me know and I'll post up a message so anyone looking for stock can give him a call. Obviously he's going to sell out quite quickly as some of us are absolutely desperate, but there is at least some light at the end of the tunnel.

Have a good weekend Geeks :hug:

oh hun that is such good news , im sure that will help a lot of geeks have a much happier weekend, as will ketan,

your a star for keeping us all posted

nicky xxxxx

Latest posts

Back