Poor training,products ...need to vent again!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Hiya Peeps,
Spent yesterday evening with 2 lovely girls from one of my nail-art classes.
In between wine and giggles I felt a bit uncomfortable though.
How do you say to someone "I think you've been had' when theyre so passionate about something.
Both girls had done a 2 day course, 1 l&p, 1 gel and both are having probs.
They wanted me :rolleyes: to see if I could shed any light on why.
One girl did a demo nail on the other using tip blender :rolleyes: and used a fat spatula type brush for application, She was told to put the l&p on in 3 ... not just 3 zones but, 3 layers for each of the 3 zones!.
She said herself she thought it made them look like claws so had not done the full 3 layers but, heres the bit I couldnt get my head around ... the acrylic just would not set. It was half an hour before she could take a file to it :eek: She wanted to know why and I couldnt tell her.
Her product labels had no brandname and were printed off on someones pc.
She said she had been told that they came from U.S and thats all.
Theres other 'bits' that I wont bore you with but Im fuming about this place in B'ham as they call themselves a 'training school'
The only advice I could give her was to put it down to experience and to make use of some of the product company numbers I gave her by asking about 'try me' kits of reputable products.
I didnt sleep too well last night thinking about these girls and the others who will follow in their footsteps.
How would any of you have dealt with this?
Thanx ... soz soo long :o

Hi Glo, cant answer your question, but just wondering if you know what the school is called only i travelled all the way to Birmingham from Essex to do a gel course (also to see a friend!) anyway they were absolutely shit excuse my french, and they didnt care less about teaching you just let you got on and do it they were done on a nail trainer and they didnt watch you at all then left us for an hour for lunch in the room where we had to eat and then do the nails again after that no exam or nothing they just handed over a diploma certificate!I couldnt believe how easy it was to hold a Nail Technician Certificate that allows to go out on jo public but not having a clue on what i had done! luckily i had completed a gel course in February 2003 had stopped for a good 6 months and just wanted to refresh my memory so saw this school on the iternet and the course i think was about £95 so went for it. Anyway just had to share that with you! x x

I have to agree these schools or training centres does not do justice for people. I have been victim to this as well when I first decide to learn how to do nail extension, I thought it would be easy to just do a one day course! I paid £150.00 and travelled to Swindon from Milton Keynes. The lady was not there! I went to track her down in the office next door luckly one of them new her parterner and contacted her. This gave me relief as I was about to burst into tears for be taken for a complete mug.To cut a long story short. She turned up and said I had booked to come down the following week! I was the only person there. She had no uniform on her hair was down. The website i booked from dressed it up to be a school type place but it was just a small room. I was only there from 11am to around 3.30 when she could not wait to get me out of the place. All I did was one nail in gel. I was given a page of step by step guides and then she tried to sell me more stuff. After that I did my friends nails they were a complete disaster. I did not feel I could do them. I also had to press her for a certificate, i wanted to get insured but was told that the qualification was not valid. I then decided to go to college where i also done manicure and pedicure. I am getting there now after lots of practise but i did feel very cheated.

Do you know of any govering bodies for Nail Extensions and overlays ETC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back