pop up cubicles and lighting for spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjp

Reaction score
for those of you who use a pop up cubicle do you find lighting an issue? i` ve always worked in really good light but now have the need to use a pop up and have concerns about uneven application because of poor light, any help much appreciated.
karen

I do use the pop up tent and I find that if you stick to the same procedure then you shouldnt miss anywhere.

I also always ask them to stand out of the tent after I have finished so I can check that all areas have been covered!

Someone gave me a great tip which sounds dead trendy and I think I would prefer this than a tent/cubicle/curtain

Acrylic/Perspex sheets on the walls in the two corners, sealed with silicone and with the cappings to cover the screws..... you would still see the paint/wallpaper behind the clear acrylic/perspex and they would just wipe clean no problems!!!

MUCH cheaper, easier... and trendier.. and then the room can STILL be used for other treatments without spending ages setting up/taking down etc etc etc... as it would just be there on the walls!!!

I have just bought a clip on daylight lamp. It's quite good although to start with I wasn't sure. If you don't have it positioned properly it can cast shadows.

So far I haven't had any problems though and no patchy tans so gotta be doing something right.

I do use the pop up tent and I find that if you stick to the same procedure then you shouldnt miss anywhere.

I also always ask them to stand out of the tent after I have finished so I can check that all areas have been covered!

Have to agree with Theresa here. Trust your application technique and you won't miss anywhere. It doesn't take long to get your technique up to speed and consistent. I started with my clients almost in a spotlight, but after about a dozen sprays I just had faith in my equipment, my solutions and the technique I was trained to use that I can do them in very poor light now if needed!

Personally, I think it is intimidating for a client to be in the glare of a spotlight when they are in the altogether and was really glad when I could ditch mine and spray in normal daylight, or my normal salon lights.

thanks for the replies, i have faith in my application but i previously had a cubicle built by my hubby with really good lighting using daylight bulbs, i`ll get a pop up and maybe just spray a few friend who hopefully wont mind if i do happen to miss a bit! .

You can buy a light that fits in the tent from the spray tan cubicle company hth

I have to agree with this too. I know my routine so well, and I know that it covers every area. I never worry too much about the lighting.

Latest posts

Back