Pop up massage shop?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byhan97

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m just starting out my own business in beauty and massage. I’m thinking of ways to promote myself. I thought pop up stations in work offices or even gyms could be a good idea where I could offer my massage services and taster services to promote myself and get my name out. How would I go about Contacting companies about this, has anyone ever done anything like this before?

I've not done anything like this as I've been lucky with word of mouth so far but I visited a lifestyle show yesterday and there were stalls there offering massages, I thought it was a brilliant idea! Pay for an exhibit at local shows and offer your services and network with other stall holders and hand out your details? My hubby even said I could pay for a table at a car boot and do quick manicures and hand out my business cards! You'd need a gazebo though and it might be cold if outdoors so that may not be ideal for you! I only do nails at the mo! Xx

I do this with manicures. It's a great idea and so much fun.
For offices, usually I just reach out to HR or the office manager or ask if they have a welfare committee. A lot of companies are doing some form of welfare and some will even subsidise it (be ready with numbers). Just ask to block out a small meeting room for an afternoon.
I've also recently started working with various business networking events, which seem to be getting more successful.

That's a good idea, I'd be so so nervous talking to offices, what sort of response do you get?

I've not done anything like this as I've been lucky with word of mouth so far but I visited a lifestyle show yesterday and there were stalls there offering massages, I thought it was a brilliant idea! Pay for an exhibit at local shows and offer your services and network with other stall holders and hand out your details? My hubby even said I could pay for a table at a car boot and do quick manicures and hand out my business cards! You'd need a gazebo though and it might be cold if outdoors so that may not be ideal for you! I only do nails at the mo! Xx
How do you find out about local shows etc? What do you say to them x

That's a good idea, I'd be so so nervous talking to offices, what sort of response do you get?

Super positive for the most part. Everyone initially thinks it s great idea, but you just have to keep at them to make it happen. Just be persistent and stay positive.

I was at the NEC Beauty Uk show yesterday. There were several ion site massage stands offering fully clothed massages in kneeling chairs.

What was interesting was the range of techniques. Some massages didn't look very appealing, whilst others were super inspirational. I watched a brilliant massage therapist do a massage which I knew would feel amazing - yet it didn't look amazing. In contrast I watched dynamic stretching techniques applied by a body confident therapist and I wanted to interrupt "where did you train? Will you train me?" Even though I know these techniques!

So I'd suggest that you think about your audience as well as your client. I'm definitely tempted to have a stand at a school fete. FYI I tried the affinity kneeling massage chair and I was super impressed. Really comfortable and sturdy and a 2 year warranty. There's a show offer on for the rest of the week, so if you're planning to invest...

There was someone doing this at a 10k run I was at recently. He did a few of the spectators during the race but I suspect he was very busy by the end with hundreds of people with tired legs. Plus those he gave his business card to and got sore the next few days would have been after him too!

How do you find out about local shows etc? What do you say to them x
I'm not sure about the bigger shows but this lifestyle one was hosted by a college where my husband worked and he said I'd just contact the college about any upcoming shows and book a stand. I dare say it wouldn't even need to be dedicated to beauty, think of it as offering a paid pit stop rest for customers haha! I saw those kneeling chairs yesterday too! With car boots, all the ones near me you just rock up as a seller and pay the fee...again, I'm not brave enough yet!!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back