PopIts-Custom blend rebalance question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanosnana

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi, it's almost time to rebalance my custom blend popits from a couple weeks ago. Can a custom blend rebalance be done with Popits? If so, what would the steps be?

I'm hoping this can be done as I have a difficult time doing my own nails w/o popits. +, I'm hoping the rebalance looks BETTER than the original set of nails. Some of my smile lines were well, not so smiley!

Thanks so much for your help! :hug:

Last edited:
:o "Is a custom blended rebalance using Popits even possible", she asked sheepishly.

:o "Is a custom blended rebalance using Popits even possible", she asked sheepishly.

I only use PopIts for full sets and I rebalance in the normal way. I find it quicker.

However if you are doing a natural tip with a one colour overlay, it is easy to rebalance using just the one colour.

I think you are trying to do something that PopIts were never meant to do. they were designed for one colour overlays, sculpts or tip and overlay. It is possible to get 'fancy dancy' with them, but when you do that, you loose the time advantage.

The only thing you can do is to experiment and see what happens. I suppose you could try putting your custom colour at the eponychium end of the PopIt and then add a bead of clear to go over the rest and it could be done. Try it and see is the best advice I can give you if you are doing your own. I wouldn't do it for clients ... I use PopIts on clients for a quick service, not to give myself potential problems. :lol:

I only use PopIts for full sets and I rebalance in the normal way. I find it quicker.

However if you are doing a natural tip with a one colour overlay, it is easy to rebalance using just the one colour.

I think you are trying to do something that PopIts were never meant to do. they were designed for one colour overlays, sculpts or tip and overlay. It is possible to get 'fancy dancy' with them, but when you do that, you loose the time advantage.

The only thing you can do is to experiment and see what happens. I suppose you could try putting your custom colour at the eponychium end of the PopIt and then add a bead of clear to go over the rest and it could be done. Try it and see is the best advice I can give you if you are doing your own. I wouldn't do it for clients ... I use PopIts on clients for a quick service, not to give myself potential problems. :lol:

Thank you so much for your reply! :hug:

I gotta admit, I'm hooked on your 'secret mix' (BTW, I haven't told a soul) for the free edge and your warm recipe. I LOVE IT on myself and want to keep that look.

I wouldn't do this type of service for a client, only for my own nails. Well, back to the drawing board. In my mind, I have something that 'may' work. I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks so much! XOXOXOXO :hug:

I actually bought the popitts, but havent used them since I bought them - I only ever tried them on myself, but had so many probs - as i have quite broad nailbeds, then I was either putting too much product into the poppit or too little, not covering the nailbed, or it was seeping out the sides etc.I gave up in the end, but well done you for sticking at it.

I actually bought the popitts, but havent used them since I bought them - I only ever tried them on myself, but had so many probs - as i have quite broad nailbeds, then I was either putting too much product into the poppit or too little, not covering the nailbed, or it was seeping out the sides etc.I gave up in the end, but well done you for sticking at it.

Well get them out again Glynnis and RELAX. :lol:

As soon as folks relax when using PopIts it all comes together so easily you'll wonder how you never did it perfectly the first time. :green: Kind of like using sculpting forms. It seems so hard to get them on at first and then CLICK :idea: IT ALL FALLS INTO PLACE and you wonder how you never did it right in the first place.

There is no doubt that being good with PopIts give any technician a huge advantage of TIME when you need to do that really quick but really gorgeous full set in 30 minutes and for doing your OWN ... well it is a no brainer.

Experiment was a bust! I'm bummed as I love the look of a CB using Geeg's secret mix for the FE! Oh, well...back to the drawing board! :)

hi I'm sure Nailzoo has done this check out his site as it might be on there

regards

hi I'm sure Nailzoo has done this check out his site as it might be on there

regards

Thanks! :hug: I did check out his videos but didn't find what I was looking for. Maybe I missed something?

Last edited:
Am i right in thinking that when you need an infill, you still have to sculpt the tip (after filing obviously!) then use a poppitt for the rest of the nail bed? If so it seems that you only save time at the very first appointment with a client.

Am i right in thinking that when you need an infill, you still have to sculpt the tip (after filing obviously!) then use a poppitt for the rest of the nail bed? If so it seems that you only save time at the very first appointment with a client.

Not exactly.

I find doing a normal rebalance quicker by hand than using PopIts because to use the PopIt effectively for this job you need to file allot of product off first ... I prefer not to do much filing so I rebalance in the normal way.

Regarding a French rebalance, where you want to replace the white free edge, you can do it the way you suggest. In this case it still is quicker than doing the whole job by hand because there is NO buffing at all when you want to finish the nail off.

No buffing saves allot of time .. do you not agree?

geeg do you reckon this would make the finish to thick? I'm just getting used to popits at the moment and have 3 friends I'm pracising on, 2 have had their first infil which I just did by buffing down and laying clear acrylic into the infil and sweeping down. On one of my infils I did sculpt a bit of white as she'd knocked a corner off the tip - then followed with clear. At the first infil I thought my white tip looked fine and didn't bother to resculpt the french tip (this was 3 weeks in), but I'm infilling again next week and I will want to resculpt the white, I would prefer to use the popit again as this method is quicker but I thought I might not be able to as it would be too thick? I guess I'll find out next week through trial and error but I know you're experienced so wondered what you thought?

Not exactly.

I find doing a normal rebalance quicker by hand than using PopIts because to use the PopIt effectively for this job you need to file allot of product off first ... I prefer not to do much filing so I rebalance in the normal way.

Regarding a French rebalance, where you want to replace the white free edge, you can do it the way you suggest. In this case it still is quicker than doing the whole job by hand because there is NO buffing at all when you want to finish the nail off.

No buffing saves allot of time .. do you not agree?

Absolutely!

Well, I did my french rebalance as above (on my left hand only...don't ask about the right...LOL!) I did the tip by hand then did a popit over the whole nail. It looks nice and once I get proficient at popits, I'm sure it won't take too long. :)

Also, my mom (AKA...my guinea pig) is coming in for a rebalance tomorrow...I'm going to 'popit' her. LOL!

geeg do you reckon this would make the finish to thick? I'm just getting used to popits at the moment and have 3 friends I'm pracising on, 2 have had their first infil which I just did by buffing down and laying clear acrylic into the infil and sweeping down. On one of my infils I did sculpt a bit of white as she'd knocked a corner off the tip - then followed with clear. At the first infil I thought my white tip looked fine and didn't bother to resculpt the french tip (this was 3 weeks in), but I'm infilling again next week and I will want to resculpt the white, I would prefer to use the popit again as this method is quicker but I thought I might not be able to as it would be too thick? I guess I'll find out next week through trial and error

Just remember if you are going to add you must take away first.

First make your white free edge nice and thin and then make sure you press the PopIt firmly at the free edge so there is just a thin veneer of clear or pink ovcer the top ... If you do this it will not nb too thick.

Hi, I just did a new set with white tips and popIts this evening on a new client. I was very nervous as I wanted her to be hooked to her nails and guess what? The result was fabulous. I am so pleased. I don't think I will use them for the infills though... a bit complicated! If I do the white smile lines by hand I may as well do the whole nails by hand! So I do agree with Gigi. PopIts are better when used on a full set.

Regards,
Francoise

Latest posts

Back