PopIts, Flat Nails a few questions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyPR

Reaction score
I tried searching for answers before asking but I have not found the answer. (Not saying it's not there, of course.) I've applied popits to my own nails, 3 sets so far and some nails look really good. Others I have not even attached the l&p to the cuticle area. This has happened to my thumb, and pinkie. Any suggestions? Do I need more acrylic, more pressure?, less pressure? Please help. I can't believe I can do my own nails now. I never wore them because I did not have the patience to work on my right hand and they'd always seem jacked up no matter what I tried.
Thanks in advance!
Holly

Hi,
Last night I did my own nails with Popits. I found it a bit messy at first (product squooshing out the sides etc) but by nail number 9, I think I'd got the hang of it.:irked:
They're a bit longer than I normally wear them, as I couldn't quite figure out how far down the popit to brush the product, and have just left them longer (I'll maybe decorate them tomorrow !)
I think the pressure on them while they set is crucial and I've lifted my finger off too quickly and got the result that you desribe. It's ike everything else, practise will make them perfect. I'm liking them..........:)

I did a set with glitter acrylic. They look so good. Not to brag, I'm just so excited. I love the fact that all arches are properly placed, and thickness is good. I'm still working on all these points, with my own sculpted acrylics.

Holly

II've applied popits to my own nails, 3 sets so far and some nails look really good. Others I have not even attached the l&p to the cuticle area. This has happened to my thumb, and pinkie. Any suggestions? Do I need more acrylic, more pressure?, less pressure? Holly

A couple of things that may help you.

1. Keep your thumb over the nail bed area and 'roll' it gently around this area (paying attention to the sides and the eponychium area) for 15 -20 seconds while the product sets. NOT huge presure but just make sure the product beneath the PopIt gets fully contacted to the nail plate.

Work quickly so that the product is not setting at the eponychium end of the PopIt before you apply it.

thanks, I'll try it today! By the way these are great for doing your own nails! I love them!
Holly

Latest posts

Back