PopIts ~ problem areas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallpap

Reaction score
I did a set of nails yesterday using poppits and noticed a couple of "problem areas"
1 - Acylic spilling out of edges
2 - Acrylic coming over the edge of the tip therefore needing clipping/filing down and looking thick at the tip edge
3 - product spilling out the edges (i guess i used too much)
4 - The pink turning the white tip a light pink shade but when i reduce product the nails arent as strong

I love poppits and want to use them regularly - just a few teething issues
Any suggestions?

hi there,
yes it does sound like you are putting a little to much product into the poppit. When I use them on my own nails I use an orange stick or tooth pick to wipe away any over spill from the side walls before the acrylic dries you can do this at the tip as well or as you have said use your clippers to trim. Just be careful not to trim them to close to the tip as it can cause the acrylic to crack.
I always have them thin at the tip and they are strong enough due to zone 2 still being a little thicker but some people are harder on there nails than others. Why not try using clear acrylic if you feel you need them a little thicker that way your tips will still look white.

hope this helps

Jen x

ps at Christmas I painted my tips with polish and capped with a poppit and they looked fab. The colour didn't bleed and there was no lifting and just think so many colours to choose from x

Hi!
Sounds like you use a little bit too much product.

2 - Acrylic coming over the edge of the tip therefore needing clipping/filing down and looking thick at the tip edge

I use q-lift to remove any excess product under the free edge. With q-lift (or some other similar kind of tool) it is easy to "cut" to a right length.

If your free edge appears too thick, try to check that you hold the PopIt in right angle, kind of parallel to the nail plate and again, maybe a little bit less product would help.

I have really hard time to explain this partly because English is not my first, nor the second language...

Keep "playing" with PopIts, because it IS fun and you learn every time something new! :D

Definately try the orange stick idea - when you are holding the popit on while it's setting, swipe around the nail area and catch any overflow. Check the underside of nail too - if you catch it while it's still wet, you won't have any dribbles to clean up later.

I've tried the polish trick under a popit too, but keep in mind you might get system failure at the tip - I've used tons of things under popits, but the one day I tried using glitter polish, the tip crumbled off. But glue and glitter works fine. Acrylic won't adhere to nail polish :)

Hi, I love using Popits they r so quick & easy & I had all the problems u mentioned, still do overfill them occassionally but i keep hold of the popit in place & wait a few seconds then scrape the excess away from the sides & free-edge etc with my old marbelling tool, then i only have very very minimal filing to do, I also had huge problems with my colours bleeding (when i used patterns etc, but i think i've mastered the art by just being patient, I do the White or design leave it until it dries slightly then i add my Clear or whatever you prefer & it never bleeds, hth, x Dontcha just love the glass effect popits leave! Luv em x

My problem with popits, despite having read everything I can about them, is bubbles. I am still getting them to the point where they can look like lemonade. I really wish I could master this bit, as it's putting me off using them. :irked:

i think the popits are brilliant!

i am training to be a nail tech but my mam loves these on so i pratice on her

the first application went on brillaintly! they looked fab and the shine was amazing,no filing no buffing ect!

i wipe the acrylic that has come out of the sides when still wet

the second application i was getting wot looked like air bubbles now and again,i dont know if this was because i hadnt held it down long enough?

a friend has asked me to do her nails next week and im thinking about using these as they do look brill when done!

miranda x

Hey hon, I still get the odd bubble but not often, dunno if this helps but try leaving the product to settle a bit before moving it about in the poppit? Helps me. I found it also made a huge difference using certain products, I use CND now n i'd never go back, just keep practising & you'll master it xxx

Are you getting all the air out of your brush? When you dip into your monomer, are you getting the brush completely wet and watching to see if there are any bubbles coming from the bristles? I initially thought you just had to do this when you first wet the brush at the beginning of a service, but I found if you do it for each "dip" it gets the bubbles under control.

Latest posts

Back