PopIts - problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unique Nails09

Reaction score
Hello all, I was extremely excited this morn to discover my PopIts had been delivered and was itching to rush to the salon to have a go at this new wonder product.

Imagine my suprise when I of seven years experience in the trade could NOT master this fiddly, annoying, disheartening procedure, i.e The nail would go bubbly, the smile line rubbish or too far down showing my natural nail, product leaking from the cuticle side and generally rubbish results and felt like my nail had been trapped in a vice or worse had one of those rubbish 'Boots' own false nails applied.

Is anyone else not loving the popits phenomenon, i breathed a sigh of relief when i applied a lovely set of sculptured acrylics on my self after the rancid Popit application.

Last edited:
Like with anything it takes practice....no matter how many years experience you have this is new to you.

How was your first set of sculpts....perfect....???....no i guess you had to practise to get them that way.

There are tutorials and plenty of threads about how to use Popits....there is also a class I believe that you can take.

There are many people on this site who are using Popits with great success....and possible have less experience than you...go figure

I think you have unfairly judged these after only using them for a couple of hours.

I can not for the life of me see whats to hate !!! when used correctly they give the most beautiful finish , shape and shine :green: they do take a little time ( only 2 sets for me !) and they are so quick they are a fantastic service to offer :green:
Please keep trying, watch some of the videos and give them a chance ! xxx

Give it time .....Rome wasnt built in a day !!!

Have a good read of all the pop it related threads and then take your time and try again :)

omg so im not the only sad person on the forum at 11 at night! lol I have the popits can see both points of view i am used to doing freehand normal acrylics and tried the popits which were easy to use and really created an almost perfectly shaped nail apart from the excess product leaking out the sides which i had to file off but i think this was more my lack of experience with them more thank anything. keep trying them and if you find youd rather do it normal way youre used to then that fine or if you master it you can save you lots of time on your nail application. it definately its quicker.

:)

I use Popits regularly, they have a really valuable place in my business.

I suggest that you read the tutorials on here or take a class in their application............Like everything else in our business, they need to be mastered

Just because you have not mastered them does not make them a PITA

Last edited:
unfortunately they are not a wonder product until you have mastered them. They are great but you must practise first to get them right as with all other techniques. You will benefit from them I promise, you just need to put the time into them. Good luck x

Hello all, I was extremely excited this morn to discover my PopIts had been delivered and was itching to rush to the salon to have a go at this new wonder product.

Imagine my suprise when I of seven years experience in the trade could NOT master this fiddly, annoying, disheartening procedure, i.e The nail would go bubbly, the smile line rubbish or too far down showing my natural nail, product leaking from the cuticle side and generally rubbish results and felt like my nail had been trapped in a vice or worse had one of those rubbish 'Boots' own false nails applied.

Is anyone else not loving the popits phenomenon, i breathed a sigh of relief when i applied a lovely set of sculptured acrylics on my self after the rancid Popit application.

You put them away in your drawer, love, and don't use them ever again and let those, who have a little more patience and humility and who realise that every new thing has to be practiced and mastered before you control it instead of it controlling you, let them romp away with PopIts and add a quick new service to their businesses that can compete with the discount salons' timing (finally) but with beautiful flawless results and no nail nail damage.

Last edited:
The trouble is when we are skilled at our trade we can sometimes forget that new things need practise....... I've only used Popits a couple of times and have had mixed results - the good nails prove they work, the bad nails prove I haven't used them enough yet.

I also think you are judging them too quickly. Saying that I must have another go soon!!

Well as a newbie with 0 years experience, I think that the poppits are an absolute god send ! I have two sets under my belt, one on myself and one on a good friend. They have been on almost a week no lifting no cracking no breakages still super shiney and looking fantastic. I have my third Guniea pig on Monday.

This is a brilliant product for me I want to offer an enhancement service that competes with the local NSS timimgs using good quality products and that looks incredible and more importantly to me that I am proud of and have no fear of charging for as a great service performed !!!

So I will keep on practicing and I will get it right !!

Well as a newbie with 0 years experience, I think that the poppits are an absolute god send ! I have two sets under my belt, one on myself and one on a good friend. They have been on almost a week no lifting no cracking no breakages still super shiney and looking fantastic. I have my third Guniea pig on Monday.

This is a brilliant product for me I want to offer an enhancement service that competes with the local NSS timimgs using good quality products and that looks incredible and more importantly to me that I am proud of and have no fear of charging for as a great service performed !!!

So I will keep on practicing and I will get it right !!

Yes you will, I know it. And you know what ??? What is the worst that can happen! If you mess one up, then the worse that can happen is that you have to buff it .... hello .... normally one has to do that anyway with totaly hand made nails!! So there are worse problems in the world than a messed up PopIt on one or 2 nails :lol:. Sooner or later, your work is pretty flawless and flaws can be fixed without loosing much time.

Glad yours are out of the drawer and working well for you as they are for so many others. You'll certainly never master it if you give up after one poor attempt and then say it is the PopIts that are pants!

Last edited:
Well in my opinion...

I would be jolly well thanking my lucky stars that PopIts take more than one flippin try to master in the first place :eek:

If they were so easy to do you would be whinging about all the non-professional people out there doing them on themselves....:rolleyes:

1..2...3...4...however many times it takes you to get it right....WHO CARES????
so long as you master it and add on a fantastic service to your repertoire (did I swallow a dictionary? ) and be able to compete with those salons that knock out a set of nails in 30 minutes....!!!!!
Not only could you knock out a set in 30 minutes...but they would be a beautiful set to boot....

So for one...I would 'perfectly' :lol: ( see I listen ) practice my technique....however long it took....
and instead of saying what a PITA they are...would say what a BAP they are!
( Bloody Amazing Product :lol: )

Either that....or sell them on to a nail tech with patience :hug:

I'm sorry, tried to think of it, but what does PITA stand for?

Bloody Hell everyone calm down!! Thanks for all your constructive replies! No offense was intended - I was simply (after a few wines) trying to write an amusing and sarcastic memoir of my failings at PopIts, not indeed call them rubbish or pointless.

It is obvious that I am going to try and crack on with trying to master the art of PopIt and it is rather offensive to suggest I will simply 'Put them in a drawer' If I were to give up after the first attempt then surely I would never have trained to be a Nail Technician and devoted hours,weeks,days and YEARS of my life to get to where I am now, I would simply be working in the Pound Shop.

Everyone has an opinion on a product - some nail technicians do not like doing sculptured nails (my fave) and other technicians do not like working with gel, I am not presently going to their houses and romper stomping the door down for stating their dislikes.

So all, please calm down and stop getting your underpants in a twizzle, I love the idea of the PopIts and obviously like to offer clients new and exciting treatments and do not simply curl up and die if I cannot master something on the first attempt, thats a silly statement to make.

Now, as a newbie to this site, is this forum about sharing your dislikes, problems, ideas, woes, and helpful advice, or will I be hung, drawn and quartered next time if the viewers do not agree with what I say.

Now before you get your flame throwers about try to read this message as it is intended in a amusing way with lashings of irony.

Ta x

I think the title pop its PITA doesnt look good for techs coming onto the site I understand that it was mean't tongue in cheek but We do have to be careful on how we word things.
The site is full of people who have a great sense of humour and nobody will be flame throwing babe:)

Well my reply had a sense of humour I thought....:lol:

so I guess you can get out your BAP's and practice away...

( it was the PITA title...not a great choice....we are very sensitive souls here :lol: )

I agree with lelli in the above post.

I chuckled at your response to your original opening post though.

I'm in a love hate relationshiop with popits, somedays they go on a dream, others are not so good.
I need to find the time to practise them more.
Need some willing fingernails though, as I hate using my nail trainer - it's so lacking in conversational topics & inuendos!

Hooray! At last someone agrees me, I'm going to get those bloody PopIts on tommorow if it kills me and my fingers fall off!

Nail trainers are rubbish company, they don't know whats going on in Eastenders and they don't like moaning about the weather either. I've tried cracking a few jokes with mine, but there's no personality there at all.

Good luck with the PopIts xx:smack:

Latest posts

Back