PopIts Step by easy Step

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score

How to Complete a Full Set of Salon enhancements in 30 minutes!
1. Prepare the natural nails using the same procedure you always follow for your brand of product.

2. Apply well-less White tips for French Nails or well-less Natural coloured tips … or follow your normal routine for blending a full well tip. OR apply the white powder in the PopIt as in the image below.

3. Sanitise the natural nails only and allow them to dry.

4. If your brand calls for it – apply primer and let it dry.

5. Choose the 10 PopIts that fit each individual nail exactly from side wall to side wall.
  • Make sure they are not too big or too small!
6. Trim the 'skirt' or 'frill' off the eponychium end of the PopIt using curved scissors and starting at the corner cut along the visible line rounding off at the other corner. Doing this flattens the PopIt right onto the nail so that the finish is just like a hand-made nail.

7. Fill the prepared PopIts, to just short of the finished length of the nail, with one colour of your brand of product (usually pink or clear).
  • Use your normal mix ratio.
  • For the best results use one bead only in the Popit and let the bead 'rest' and settle out completely.
  • Press (do not over-pat) or lightly brush the product so that it is evenly spread in the PopIt.
  • Make sure the product reaches to the sides of the PopIt.
  • Try not to over fill the PopIt. Try to visualise how big a bead you would need to cover zones 1,2, and 3 if you were only using one bead and then make a bead that size.
8. Place the PopIt at the Eponychium as tightly as possible while holding at a 45º angle to the nail.
  • For the best result, push the PopIt tight up against the Eponychium.
9. Slowly lower the PopIt on to the prepared nail with gentle but firm pressure and hold it in place gently with your thumb over the nail bed for 15 seconds (longer if the temperature is cold).

10. Turn the hand over and using your brush, smooth out any excess product that has squeezed beyond the free edge. Now leave and carry on applying each PopIt in the same way.
  • When sculpting in one colour, make sure the product is not too thin at the free edge of the natural nail or you will have a weak spot.
11. Pinch the PopIts off each set nail.
  • You can tap the PopIt with your brush handle to make sure the product is set. If the sound is a click then the product is set.
  • File or trim to the desired length and design.
  • Smooth all edges quickly with a soft abrasive. You’re Done!!
For One Colour Sculpting Follow Steps:

1 – 3 & 4 (if appropriate for your brand of product)

6 – 7 – 8 – 9 - 10 & 11 (smooth out any excess product that has squeezed beyond the free edge to the desired length or add further product if needed for more length)

You’re Done!!

Attachments

• PopIts No 1.jpg
    PopIts No 1.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 6,471
  • PopIts No 2.jpg
    PopIts No 2.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 6,016
  • PopIts No 3.jpg
    PopIts No 3.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 12,635
  • PopIts No 4.jpg
    PopIts No 4.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 17,740
  • PopIts No 5.jpg
    PopIts No 5.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 11,247
  • PopIts No 6.jpg
    PopIts No 6.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 5,771
  • PopIts No 7.jpg
    PopIts No 7.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 5,795
Last edited by a moderator:
wooohoooo sounds so good, cant wait to try some,

thanks for this gigi, your a star

gonna be some happy geeks tonight :lol:
xxxxxx

Thanks Gigi, you must be absolutely shattered demo's all week. a heavy cold and still putting the tutorial on for everyone. Hope you have a very relaxing weekend, you deserve it !! :hug:

thank you gigi for taking time out of your hectic life at the moment to show us impatient geeks !! xxx

Thanks Gigi!!!!

Hello Gigi..

I am hoping that you will clarify this for me..

I have just ordered some popits from the States, and I was told that they were not recommended to use with Gel??

I thought we would be able to use it with any system (including gel)

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely;
Janet

Woww Gigi, can not believe you have done the tutorial already and the week has not even finished! Now i know what happened to wonder woman.....:)

Great tutorial, Thanks.:hug: xx

I'm exhausted just reading the threads on this site let alone doing demo's all week with a cold and doing tutorials as well - thanks Gigi - we are not worthy!!!

Thanks for taking time out of your busy life to do this, it sounds fab.
i couldnt make it to Leeds this week but I cant wait to get my hands on some of these popIts now!:hug:

Thank you Gigi, I had a bril afternoon yesterday and can't wait to finish work today so I can start practicing the new no trauma application method:lol:
Wendy and I both found we kept playing with our new nail, just couldn't stop stroking it:eek: so impressed.
And bonus, we got to meet you:hug::hug:

I am loving the sounds and pictures of the new pop it nails :) I wanna play too but cant afford them yet :cry:
Anyway the one thing I am not liking is the using of white tips WHY you cry ??? Because I hate the false look of them. I do gel so would I be able to do a set of p&w's on a pop it without having to use white tips I also prefer white sculpting gel rather than pow.

I am loving the sounds and pictures of the new pop it nails :) I wanna play too but cant afford them yet :cry:
Anyway the one thing I am not liking is the using of white tips WHY you cry ??? Because I hate the false look of them. I do gel so would I be able to do a set of p&w's on a pop it without having to use white tips I also prefer white sculpting gel rather than pow.

I don't see why not. I'm going to have a play over the weekend so will let you know how I get on.

I wish I'ld got my act together. I didn't make it to Leeds. Nevertheless the instrucutions look straight forward. I 'll have a go once I've ordered my popits.
Thanks

You DON'T have to use white tips... Gigi did some today with just natual and they looked gorgeous!!

You DON'T have to use white tips... Gigi did some today with just natural and they looked gorgeous!!

Thanks for your reply babes xx

wow its good to have a step by step coz watching youmade it look so easy , lol , i got home and was cack handed but then again i was doing hubby , haha
thanks for putting all the effort in gigi it was a fab demo and really appreciate you taking time out for us geeks xxx

Fabulous tutorial,thankyou for bringing us this method and just for being you xx

You can do ANYTHING using PopIts. The only limits you have are your own imagination.

I have just uploaded above the images for the PopIts' Step by Easy Step which shows you how to use your Perfect White powder in the PopIt itself before application. You could also use this same technique using coloured powders, glitter powders or a combination of any of them or over any kind of a tip. Have fun with these and no negativity peeps ... anything is possible.

Please note, that the above tutorial is for the QUICKEST 30 MINUTE FULL SET which is achieved by using a well less tip and a one colour overlay.

If you want to use PopIts for any other kind of application, then by all means do so ... it will take more time than the tutorial 30 minute set, but you will still end up with NO BUFFING. Enjoy peeps.

they look fab xx

Thanks for this!! :hug: Please can I have a link as to wear I can order them from as been on Sweet Squared website & can't find them but can't think which thread said where to get them from!!!! Thanks!! :)

Latest posts

Back