PopIts Step by easy Step

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya wow theese popits sound really good never heard of them before and im still a bit confused about how they work but im gonna have a go. Id like to know though are theese nails just as strong as normal sculptured nails and also do re-balance and infill the same?
Thanks for any advice given

Hiya wow theese popits sound really good never heard of them before and im still a bit confused about how they work but im gonna have a go. Id like to know though are theese nails just as strong as normal sculptured nails and also do re-balance and infill the same?
Thanks for any advice given

In many cases they are stronger and last longer than hand made nails. It's the way they are structured. Beautiful shape and a central 'spine' giving the strength.

I use them for the full set (30 minutes) and I rebalance in the ordinary way by hand as there is less filing than using the PopIt to rebalance with. They are aweome ... they are fun ... I advise you to take a class and avoid some of the problems some have ... many just pick it up immediately. they add a great new service to your menu.

lovin the pop its..... only doin as overlays or on white tips at mo....

findin it dificult to do a nice even smile inside popit:cry:.... im usin master

pro styler should i try a smaller brush.....:confused: xxx

lovin the pop its..... only doin as overlays or on white tips at mo....

findin it dificult to do a nice even smile inside popit:cry:.... im usin master

pro styler should i try a smaller brush.....:confused: xxx

Although you can do many things with PopIts .. the QUICKEST way to use them is as you are doing. With the beautiful CND Performance tips they are so fast and easy, I do all PopIt full sets like this. I rebalance by hand as it is quicker than using the PopIts to rebalance. I think they should be used for FAST full sets just like you are doing. If you want to do fancy fancy stuff, you might as well do them by hand.

Thanxs Geeg x:lol:

Gigi,

i know it is possible to carry out a maintenance treatment with popits using white Brisa paint to touch up the smile line.

My question is - do i need to wipe an inhibition layer from the cured gel before appliyng the popit over it with l&p?:eek:

Gigi,

i know it is possible to carry out a maintenance treatment with popits using white Brisa paint to touch up the smile line.

My question is - do i need to wipe an inhibition layer from the cured gel before appliyng the popit over it with l&p?:eek:

Yes I would.

Hi Nataliya!! :hug:

Yes I would.

Hi Nataliya!! :hug:

Thanks a million:idea::hug:
When will you be up in Edinburgh?:)

kind regards)

I have been looking for a place to purchase popits in the US or Canada and can't find any distributors!! Where did you purchase yours?? You said you got them in the US? Please help, right now I have someone in the UK willing to ship them to me but will pay through the nose for them and the shipping especially with the exchange on the money. Thanks, Lisa

I have been looking for a place to purchase popits in the US or Canada and can't find any distributors!! Where did you purchase yours?? You said you got them in the US? Please help, right now I have someone in the UK willing to ship them to me but will pay through the nose for them and the shipping especially with the exchange on the money. Thanks, Lisa

You can contact Sweet Squared... www.sweetsquared.com and we'll help!

Hello Gigi..

I am hoping that you will clarify this for me..

I have just ordered some popits from the States, and I was told that they were not recommended to use with Gel??

I thought we would be able to use it with any system (including gel)

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely;
Janet

Where did you order your popits from in the States, can't find them here anywhere - I'm actually in Canada but live on a border town???

Where did you order your popits from in the States, can't find them here anywhere - I'm actually in Canada but live on a border town???

Sweet Squared 011 44 113 217 3800!

hi I was just wondering where I can get the popits from all our suppyers in Australia havent heard of them yet. So I need to buy them eles where could you please give me a web site of a suppier that has them.. thanks heaps Jo:)

for the third time....

sweet squared - country code
44 - 113 217 3800!!!!

for the third time....

sweet squared - country code

44 - 113 217 3800!!!!

Hi Samantha,

Long time no speak, hope you are well.

Can I just point out that I ordered some stuff from Leeds last week and they CAN'T (or won't) deliver to Australia, so this doesn't help....

I emailed you sales team and asked if I could have a regular UK county code phone number that I could call to place an order, as the website only quotes an 0845 number for ordering, which costs me an arm and leg from here (with a regular number as you have given above I can use Skype). I was told they couldn't give me another number as I couldn't order from Australia as they were only allowed to ship within the UK (which didn't answer my question and didn't apply in that instance as fortunately I had someone coming out to see me in Oz so wanted the stuff delivered to a UK address anyway!)
As I wanted delivery within the UK in the end I found an 0113 number elsewhere on the website which I used and asked to be put through to sales. Once I'd made the order for UK delivery I then asked if my address on the system could be changed to my new address in Australia, but again was told No, as you can only deliver inside the UK....

So either your sales team need to be advised differently or you are mistaken in thinking they will deliver to addresses over here.

I have been to my local distibutor (when I say local, I mean about 45 mins drive away, the next nearest is about an hour and a half!!) and they do not have Popits, they stock only a very limited supply of Creative products (i.e only sell 3.5oz Solar Butter when I have a client who loves it and would like the 7oz size - guess what I ordered from the UK....)

I can understand Leeds not being able to ship flammable goods overseas, but items such as files, Popits, etc. it would be useful to be able to order from the UK as these are either unavailable from the Australian distributors and/or the distributors are so few and far between that travelling to them is a big cost and inconvenience in itself.

Thanks,

Bryony

Hi Samantha,

Long time no speak, hope you are well.

Can I just point out that I ordered some stuff from Leeds last week and they CAN'T (or won't) deliver to Australia, so this doesn't help....

I emailed you sales team and asked if I could have a regular UK county code phone number that I could call to place an order, as the website only quotes an 0845 number for ordering, which costs me an arm and leg from here (with a regular number as you have given above I can use Skype). I was told they couldn't give me another number as I couldn't order from Australia as they were only allowed to ship within the UK (which didn't answer my question and didn't apply in that instance as fortunately I had someone coming out to see me in Oz so wanted the stuff delivered to a UK address anyway!)
As I wanted delivery within the UK in the end I found an 0113 number elsewhere on the website which I used and asked to be put through to sales. Once I'd made the order for UK delivery I then asked if my address on the system could be changed to my new address in Australia, but again was told No, as you can only deliver inside the UK....

So either your sales team need to be advised differently or you are mistaken in thinking they will deliver to addresses over here.

I have been to my local distibutor (when I say local, I mean about 45 mins drive away, the next nearest is about an hour and a half!!) and they do not have Popits, they stock only a very limited supply of Creative products (i.e only sell 3.5oz Solar Butter when I have a client who loves it and would like the 7oz size - guess what I ordered from the UK....)

I can understand Leeds not being able to ship flammable goods overseas, but items such as files, Popits, etc. it would be useful to be able to order from the UK as these are either unavailable from the Australian distributors and/or the distributors are so few and far between that travelling to them is a big cost and inconvenience in itself.

Thanks,

Bryony

Bryony sorry - my massive res writing seemed a little irrate. Let's make this easy! With PopIts, we CAN & WILL ship to Oz (or anywhere) but the customer will have to pay shipping costs. What we can't do (and won't do) is ship CND products out of our territory.

I know that not all distributors are run the same way and I understand for those that deal with us... things are easy and we have everything but, we still can't post CND items outside of the UK. The only thing I could suggest is calling the OZ or NZ distributors and eal with them directly!

I will pop out of my seat now and clarify this with Sales.
Love & Respect from a very SNOWY Yorkshire! :hug:

Hi,
I am fascinated by this poppit system and want to give it a go, but my concern is air bubbles when you put the poppit onto the nail, any way of avoided them at all thanx Diane

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I am fascinated by this poppit system and want to give it a go, but my concern is air bubbles when you put the poppit onto the nail, any way of avoided them at all thanx Diane

Bubbles are not a problem when you know what to do. All instructions are contained on posts right here on salon geek .. take a look in the groups forum under PopIt Lovers ... there a couple of useful classes there and lots of tips.

PopIts Dual System Forms from Sweet Squared

The Most exciting innovation in nail artistry for years!!

PREP it Up! PoP it On! Pinch it Off!!

How to Complete a Full Set of Salon enhancements in 30 minutes!
1. Prepare the natural nails using the same procedure you always follow for your brand of product.

2. Apply well-less White tips for French Nails or well-less Natural coloured tips … or follow your normal routine for blending a full well tip. OR apply the white powder in the PopIt as in the image below.

3. Sanitise the natural nails only and allow them to dry.

4. If your brand calls for it – apply primer and let it dry.

5. Choose the 10 PopIts that fit each individual nail exactly from side wall to side wall.
  • Make sure they are not too big or too small!
6. Trim the 'skirt' or 'frill' off the eponychium end of the PopIt using curved scissors and starting at the corner cut along the visible line rounding off at the other corner. Doing this flattens the PopIt right onto the nail so that the finish is just like a hand-made nail.

7. Fill the prepared PopIts, to just short of the finished length of the nail, with one colour of your brand of product (usually pink or clear).
  • Use your normal mix ratio.
  • For the best results use one bead only in the Popit and let the bead 'rest' and settle out completely.
  • Press (do not over-pat) or lightly brush the product so that it is evenly spread in the PopIt.
  • Make sure the product reaches to the sides of the PopIt.
  • Try not to over fill the PopIt. Try to visualise how big a bead you would need to cover zones 1,2, and 3 if you were only using one bead and then make a bead that size.
8. Place the PopIt at the Eponychium as tightly as possible while holding at a 45º angle to the nail.
  • For the best result, push the PopIt tight up against the Eponychium.
9. Slowly lower the PopIt on to the prepared nail with gentle but firm pressure and hold it in place gently with your thumb over the nail bed for 15 seconds (longer if the temperature is cold).

10. Turn the hand over and using your brush, smooth out any excess product that has squeezed beyond the free edge. Now leave and carry on applying each PopIt in the same way.
  • When sculpting in one colour, make sure the product is not too thin at the free edge of the natural nail or you will have a weak spot.
11. Pinch the PopIts off each set nail.
  • You can tap the PopIt with your brush handle to make sure the product is set. If the sound is a click then the product is set.
  • File or trim to the desired length and design.
  • Smooth all edges quickly with a soft abrasive. You’re Done!!
For One Colour Sculpting Follow Steps:

1 – 3 & 4 (if appropriate for your brand of product)

6 – 7 – 8 – 9 - 10 & 11 (smooth out any excess product that has squeezed beyond the free edge to the desired length or add further product if needed for more length)

You’re Done!!
Hello Gigi ,
when I use dual system forms somtimes there is a hard burn on nails as sufferings my clients.
I don`t know what resean. Please help me if someone know.I think it might be possible my brand which i use like primer or liquid.

Hello Gigi ,
when I use dual system forms somtimes there is a hard burn on nails as sufferings my clients.
I don`t know what resean. Please help me if someone know.I think it might be possible my brand which i use like primer or liquid.

All L&P gives off heat when curing/setting. Normally we do not feel it because we work in small beads. When using PopIts we are using one large bead so sometimes there is a warmth felt when setting. If this is happening then I think you are using too much in the PopIt. Try using a little less and you will see the difference right away. It is nothing to do with using primer, hunni. x

Latest posts

Back