PopIts - Using clear tubes with UV Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I suggested earlier, they are practically see through, I'd imagine they would hold it in place for majority of curing, seems to be enough faffing with application to allow for a decent cure even if you removed it halfway through.

Victoria says she has some of these clips, but she seems intent on this tube thing for the moment. Can someone else try them? Seems to be quite a bit of frustration and very few answers.

How come there are no answers to this question from the popit pros ?

What happened to the popits, there was so much hype, now everything seems to have gone quiet?

Gigi is on a well earned holiday I am sure she will answer when she returns
HTH
Dawnie xx

Carl provided a link to ebay I think.
But they have them also at nailiteinc.
These:

4f5143a7c5ce39946198ac0403156983.image.192x250.jpg

hth's

I have been playing over the xmas break with my popits and gel :rolleyes:I have tried holding them in place with clips, cellotape and even cable ties but everysingle one ends up with air bubbles. I have used them with l&p and had fab results but gel just isnt working with them for me.

Lol, just imagine, sit tight a minute love, I'm just going to get my tape dispenser out!! :lol:

Carl provided a link to ebay I think.
But they have them also at nailiteinc.

Victoria - are you aware of any suppliers in Canada to avoid dreaded duty and postage? I haven't seen these clips prior to this thread....
thanks!

Hi Curly,

other than ebay? No, I'm afraid I don't know of any Cdn suppliers.
The bright side is that the $ is pretty much at par.

I do lots of dealings with Nailite and am placing an order in the next week or two. IF you like, I can order a box for you, and send it off to you. You can pay cost and shipping by paypal, if you like.
I have to place an order, no matter whether you do or not, so don't worry about the duty's etc.

let me know via email.

Had another try tonight with the pink clip as suggested by nailzoo.
Worked great!
So, I guess the other client's fingers were too tiny maybe?
No bubble, no sliding.. it was super easy and turned out PERFECT!!!!

Off to order more of these clips :green:

THANKS CARL:!::!::!::!::!:

cool, did you try using the small end sideways ?
When I played with them, they had a gentle, but reasonably firm grip.

cool, did you try using the small end sideways ?
When I played with them, they had a gentle, but reasonably firm grip.

that's exactly what I did:green:

Giant :hug: and thanks!

sorry ,im new to this ,how do this work then?sorry to be a pain.never seen popits dont no how they work.x

sorry ,im new to this ,how do this work then?sorry to be a pain.never seen popits dont no how they work.x

Just go to the tutorials section on the site and read the articles and Q&A's for Popits and step by step and you will soon know how they work.

thanks gigi,ill go have a look now .thanks again.xxxxxxxxxx

You are an inspiration Victoria! Well done! You WILL master this !
I am still banging my head on a wall with the Gel but must say that my 3rd and 4th try were dang fantastic - just a tincy air bubble (like a pinprick) .. beginners luck perhaps as since... well its been difficult to achieve that magic amount I achieved the first time!

Well done You!

keep it up!

Cait x:Grope:

Thanks Cait!

If you go take a look at the Critiques section, you'll find a set I did with modified metal hair clips (usually used for pin curls?) which were the idea of another fellow geek. They turned out really well. I'm getting better at it.

Once you master the 'quantities' in terms of h ow much gel to use AND the amount of pressure (which is VERY light,but firm) you'll be rid of bubbles.

Good luck!

Its great you've tried the idea out and I do think with some time it would work, I think shorter lengths would work better too, just in terms of them being easier to get on a clients finger. I saw Geeg demo a gel nail with the little clip and it worked a charm, was a very petit clip like you see in a childs hair. The end result was beautiful.

Your own nails look lovely in your pics! :hug:

Just what I was thinking x

would paper clips not work?
they come in different shapes and sizes and can be easily moulded to the nail shape..?
tried them on my natural nail and thought they might work?

I know you will get there hun. Your nails look amazing BTW x

seeing as though this has been resurrected again, I found another filmclip, I know it's not Popits, but thought you may be interested in the clips she uses in the clip ..... get it ? :)
Gel Nail - AOL Video

Hi I am new to the Geek site. I am an experienced nail tech ( 10 Years) with gel, I got some pop its and tried them yesterday, I am quite pleased with the result but cant see how I can get a sculpted nail, clear or white and pink ( no tip ) without getting excess gel underneath. I know clients wont like the feeling of gel under their natural nail.
Am i missing something out ?

help !!!

Deb x

p.s. its nice to be with nailey friends

Hi I am new to the Geek site. I am an experienced nail tech ( 10 Years) with gel, I got some pop its and tried them yesterday, I am quite pleased with the result but cant see how I can get a sculpted nail, clear or white and pink ( no tip ) without getting excess gel underneath. I know clients wont like the feeling of gel under their natural nail.
Am i missing something out ?

help !!!

Deb x

p.s. its nice to be with nailey friends

Try and look at PopIts differently and don't try to do the things with them that in the end will not save you any time. You can do everything, but why would you if it does not save time?

Use PopIts for the quick easy tip and overlay service or natural nail overlay service and don't try to do every service with them.

The relevance of using PopIts in your business is that you save time for the clients who want that, not to take over or to use on all your clients who may want/require the handmade couture service. Get PopIts into perspective and use them wisely.

Latest posts

Back