PopIts ... Your questions answered!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
PopIts Dual System Forms from Sweet Squared

Questions from technicians are answered by Gigi Rouse

Q … What exactly are PopIts?
A … A PopIt can pretty well be described as a form for making and applying nail enhancements. You fill the form (the PopIt) with the nail product of your choice, then turn it over and Pop it onto the prepared nail surface while the product is still moist. A few minutes later you Pinch it off the surface of the set product and you are left with a perfectly structured and balanced nail enhancement which is beautifully shiny without any further filing or buffing.

Q … When I use PopIts, does it mean all my client’s nails will look identical?
A … Structurally all the nails made using PopIts are the same but the nail technician still has complete freedom to create whatever free edge design the client prefers; oval, square, soft square, round etc. In this way, they do not differ from hand made nails.

Q … Aren’t nails made using PopIts just glorified stick-ons?
A … When you use PopIts there is nothing glued to the nail surface. The product is chemically bonded to the nail plate just as if you were applying the product in the ordinary way. In fact, in most cases the chemical bond is stronger than normal as the pressure used to apply the PopIt is greater than you can achieve with a brush. You rarely see any lifting when using PopIts to apply your product.

Q … Can I use Pink & White or coloured powders for different French Looks with PopIts?
A … It is possible but you will take a little longer unless you use well-less White or well-less natural tips .

Q … Won’t these PopIts make it possible for anyone at all to do great looking enhancements?
A … As always, Sweet Squared will only sell to professional nail technicians not to just anyone at all. However as with anything, the more skilful you are as a technician the better the result is going to be when using PopIts. Yes, it will allow for technicians, who find it difficult to apply product with a brush, to make much better looking and consistent nail enhancements.

Q … Is this the end of technicians with talent?
A … The hand-made nail enhancement will still be the most customised and exclusive way to do nail enhancements by a nail technician with artistic talent who has clients who do not mind spending time in the salon.

Q … How do you rebalance nails that are made using PopIts?
A … There are several different options. For the speediest option, you would prepare the enhancement for rebalance in the normal way. And use a PopIt and one colour of product which is applied over the top.

Q … Can I do a French rebalance using PopIts?
A … For the quickest option, you would prepare the nails for a French Rebalance, then apply white powder over the tip in the ordinary way or Paint-On white gel and cure. Then use a PopIt and one colour of product and apply it over the top.

Q … Can I do a Custom Blend Manicure using PopIts?
A … Yes you can, but you will take a little longer working this way.

Q … Isn’t using PopIts just a ‘cheating’ way of doing nails if you aren’t skilful at using a brush?
A … I think nail technicians who are proud of their skill at doing nail enhancements have to view PopIts as just another way to do nails; an alternative method; a labour-saving device. Remember, once upon a time using a plastic tip was considered ‘cheating’ by those who sculpted nails. Now everyone uses tips.

In the past, skilled painters and decorators always used brushes and now they all use pads and rollers. It’s the same thing, newer and quicker methods. There will always be a demand for beautiful hand-made custom nail enhancements but at least those doing less than attractive nails now and those causing damage and tarnishing the reputation of nail techs in general, will be able to produce better and safer nails for their clients when using PopIts.

Q … I do beautiful nails now, why would I be interested in using PopIts?
A … Two reasons ... I can’t think of any busy nail technicians who like spending hours of their time doing their own nails. Using PopIts will enable nail technicians to do their own nails in 30 minutes max. The second reason is simple, you will make more money using PopIts.

Q … When applying the PopIt to the prepared nail, isn’t there a danger of uncured product seeping out and causing eventual overexposure?
A … PopIts have a unique and distinctive structure which prevents seepage onto the skin surrounding the nail. This is one of the exclusive features of the PopIts design which makes them absolutely unique.

Q … Can I use PopIts for more than one application?
A … Issues of sanitation would preclude you using PopIts on more than one client. It is best to use PopIts as a disposable item, like you would a tip, and discard them after each use. You will have got more than your money’s worth from them after one usage.

Q … Do I have to charge allot less when I use PopIts to do my clients’ enhancements?
A … Every technician who uses PopIts in her business will be doing sets and rebalances in a much quicker time which clients will love. So my answer is; I would charge what you think the client will pay for this excusive 30 minute service. You can keep your prices the same and make more money for less time, or you can charge even more. I have found that time is much more important to clients than money. I would not charge less.

Q … Can I use PopIts for toenail enhancement?
A … Yes you can.

Q … Can I use PopIts for doing nail art?
A … You can have a ball playing with PopIts and embedded nail art or designs made using different coloured powders or glitters and you will not have to do any finishing.

Q … Is the finished surface smooth enough to apply polish when using PopIts?
A … The finished surface when using PopIts is even smoother and shinier than you can do by hand and with the perfect ‘line of light’. The surface is like a ‘competition’ shine. Polish will look more beautiful than ever before.

OK I have one question:

CAN you use gel with these? Are they only opaque molds? Can we explain that part a bit further?

Thanks!

Can we see some pics of the popits? For those of use who have to wait to be able to get them:cry:

OK I have one question:

CAN you use gel with these? Are they only opaque molds? Can we explain that part a bit further?

Thanks!

Gigi demoed a Gel popit on Sals yesterday it was a little bit more fiddly but the end result was just as fab as the L&P I don't do gels infact thats the first time I've ever seen one done, but I'm sure sals will fill you in, she was paying very close attention :lol:

Q: Are individual size refill packs available?

Q: Geeg as you know I am a gel girl :) How do you apply pressure to the pop its while under the uv lamp ??

Q: Geeg as you know I am a gel girl :) How do you apply pressure to the pop its while under the uv lamp ??

At leeds on Thurs Geeg held the poppit onto nail with little hair butterfly clip - from claires accessories, while nail under uv lamp. seemed to work fine.
hth

Got a few questions:

1- I'm having a hard time imagining a 'butterfly clip, any pics please? And how/where can I get some online? (assuming I can't find them here?)

2- I was made to understand that with both L&P and UV Gel, 'less' is more. In the sense that Acrylic should be done in 3 balls and never only 1 and gel in multiple coats, instead of only one. The reasons being A) to avoid a heat spike when product is too thick right off the bat B) the more product, the higher the ratio for product shrinkage and the more pressure is applied to the nail plate as the product cures and 'pulls' Whereas smaller amounts, added a bit at a time will have a lower ratio of shrinkage, and therefor less pressure applied to the nail plate. Having said that, the tutorial suggests only one ball. Why is this better? Or have I misunderstood something somewhere?

3- when will we see a picture/video tutorial?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions
:green::hug:

Q: Are individual size refill packs available?

Yeah they come in packs of 50 individual sizes,and cost about the same as a pack of refil tips :wink2:

Another question:

for clients with ULTRA FLAT FLAT FLAT nails... will popit's help? I'm thinking "no", but figured I'd ask anyway.

Don't know if you remember my thread about my nailbiter client who is now reformed and EXTRAORDINARILY proud to have NNO's.
BUT
Her nails are so damaged from all the years, they are misshapen in that they are PERFECTLY FLAT like a table. NO EXAGERATION!
She won't let me file them down and resculpt for a c-curve. And however I apply the gel, the apex looks like a funny hump:confused::irked:

Will popit's make it look any better or is she not a good candidate?

Another question:

for clients with ULTRA FLAT FLAT FLAT nails... will popit's help? I'm thinking "no", but figured I'd ask anyway.

Don't know if you remember my thread about my nailbiter client who is now reformed and EXTRAORDINARILY proud to have NNO's.
BUT
Her nails are so damaged from all the years, they are misshapen in that they are PERFECTLY FLAT like a table. NO EXAGERATION!
She won't let me file them down and resculpt for a c-curve. And however I apply the gel, the apex looks like a funny hump:confused::irked:

Will popit's make it look any better or is she not a good candidate?

According to Geeg they are great for flat nails as they put the required apex in to give the strength whilst remaining thin. The only ones that she felt that they were not suitable for were fan shaped nails.

does any one know when a course will be available for the new method? many thanks

i want popits are they sold in the usa

i want popits are they sold in the usa

Have you tried searching the other threads where this has been answered?

Contact [email protected] for information about dual system Forms (we call them Popits in the UK)

Have you tried searching the other threads where this has been answered?

i tried cant find please help
thanks all

i Have Try E Mailing Them I Have Try Calling Them And
I Got No Reply That Not Good

:smack:Yes they are sold in the US. And look like lots of fun, they are clear so you can see right through them. go to ysnails.com and are **.** for a set of 100 nails. they can be 100% formed acrylic or over a tip overlay. The popit or dual nail form doesnt stay on the nail. that why they call it popit's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back