PopIts!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hug:

Thanks for keeping us posted Victoria!!

Keep practising and when you feel that you are ready to upload a picture, we will be happy!!:hug:

Janet

I just read again, the tut on the gel application with poppits.
PART of my problem is how I put my gel. I didn't put it in the right place
:grr::smack:

But getting that thick goopy stuff to go where you want sometimes.. LOL easier said than done :lol:

Shall have another crack at it laters:hug:

Hi Victoria do you think cling film might work ?
as you could apply your own pressure this way :hug: x

Hi Victoria do you think cling film might work ?
as you could apply your own pressure this way :hug: x

That is an idea... but I'm thinking what a right PITA cling film would be to contend with and wrestle when it sticks to itself rather than the nail.
Just one more thing on my table taking up space. Likely to annoy me even more than the roll of scotch tape did.

Off to the hardware tomorrow. Roads are impassable today. Will check there and the pool/spa store for the clear/transparent hose/tubing and keep you posted

:hug:

Hiya Victoria,

I didn't see this msg. before now.

I have also tried the poppits with gel, and yes, I have the same problems as you. I haven't had the time to figure it out. I have tried the hair-clips. Sometimes it seam like it work, and sometimes not... Not reliable at all...:)

C.

WHAT ABOUT THAT (sorry) tape for nail techs to protect their nails? Sorry I can't think what it's called.

You're thinking of flex-tape. It's actually a sports tape, that we techs swiped LOL

Well, considering the difficulties I had using scotch tape (making sure to keep popit pressed down, while tearing the tape off the roll, then applying and wrapping and trying to keep poppit from sliding to the side or whatever...) I don't think flex tape would be any better.
I also find that flex tape slides down my own finger when I'm working, so not so sure how it would work.
And then, it's also opaque and the light won't go through.... that's the most important problem.

BUT you're welcome to try :wink2:

I have dutyday at the Preschool this morning (meaning, it's my turn to assist the teacher and keep the rugrats in line) UGH 10 screeching monkeys first thing in the morning (ages 2 to 4) :eek::irked:

If I can get out of there early enough, I'll hit the hardware store as promised and see what I can find.

flex wrap was originally for veterinary use (usually horses), the colors represent an injury, it only sticks to itself, if you wrapped a nail it it (as you couldn't see it) you don't know whats going on underneath, nor would the UV light penetrate.

Geeg should be able to sort out the problem for you

Hi all
Reading all the posts and threads.
I decided this morning to buy some popits.
I went to london so i could have them in my hand there and then.
I had a little play and I like them. very good for encapsulation and they look fab when varnish is applied.

doing a full set tommorrow so will take some pics

xxx

Can you tell me how you got your popits to canada? I am in B.C and need to know how you got yours! thanx!

Latest posts

Back