Popular extensions, gel or acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catmoreton

Reaction score
Hi, I am just looking at various training courses and different companies. Which would you say from experience is more popular? Gel extensions or Acrylic? I personally prefer the look of gel extensions as they look more natural but just wanted some advice as to which course would be best to begin with. I will also be doing a manicure and gel polish course to start off with. Thanks x

I think they are both popular as is natural nail overlays with gel polish . Gel can be easier to learn and although I am qualified in both I mostly use gel . For several reasons . I don't like the smell of the acrylic monomer , I find it gives me headaches, I think gels look more natural and because they are not a rigid product can feel lighter for the wearer . Having said that because of lockdown I have started playing with L & P again. Its beneficial to be qualified in both and you may Find naturally which one you offer . Take a look around your area and see what others salons are offering . If they are mostly one or the other then go for the one not widely used and that will give you USP. Gel CAN be easier to learn and in my experience as a teacher it is harder for acrylic techs to learn gel than it is for gel techs to learn acrylic if that makes sense xx

Latest posts

Back