Portable desk light recommendations please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollyDaydreem

Reaction score
I need a light for mobile nails (not uv/led lamp), so hit me up with your recommendations please :) I had bought this one;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightcraft-...a_nav_t_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0TMM85VWNYMH3Y55E1GV

When it arrived I was a bit disappointed that it was bulkier than I'd hoped, but that wasn't a massive problem....except using it on myself at home for gel polish (megamix) I found it was partly curing the gel, making it hard to work with and my brush was stiffening. So, no good for what I need obviously.

I'll sell it to a friend who wants it for crafting, but now I'm nervous about what lamp to buy instead.

Needs to be easily transportable, and ideally under £50. Rechargeable would be awesome, but not essential. Magnification option also not essential - just need a decent light to see by. Needs to be purchasable online (UK) as I'm on the Isle of Man and can't justify an expensive 3.5 hour ferry trip for it...no Ikea or Argos here for example!

Cheers geeks :)

I really need the same advice but was hoping to get something quite small and battery powered because I find that I struggle for plugs even for my lamp lol

Wonder how that lamp cured ur polish?

I was wondering that myself and did some googling and found out that apparently many lamps often do emit a small amount of UV light - "daylight" bulbs particularly. I can't remember now the site I read it on, but it was a credible source, so I believe it.

Hence my reticence to buy another without a recommendation :)

Edit; the source was the tech expert himself!

https://www.facebook.com/doug.schoon/posts/10201049448582693

eryju3u3.jpg

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem with lighting and would like a magnifying lamp, but I am afraid of ruining my products.

Thanks for that Emily, I will take a look.

Latest posts

Back