Portable hot stone kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callani

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I would really appreciate some advice please regarding mobile hot stone massage kits. I have been looking at a kit which is in a bag, this can be plugged in to the cigarrete lighter in the car. Is anyone using these and if so do you recommend? Thanks

I use a electric wok, it takes 5 to 10 mins to heat the stones. I put them on first before client intake forms and setting up table. By the time I'm ready to start they are hot.

I use a electric wok, it takes 5 to 10 mins to heat the stones. I put them on first before client intake forms and setting up table. By the time I'm ready to start they are hot.

Pardon my ignorance - but how do you know what temperature the stones are at? Do you have any control over the working temp? How are you covered insurance wise if you are using a wok?

Just interested.

Most therapists here use crockpots/slow cookers no temp gauge. I know temp by feel if they are too hot for me to hold they are too hot for client, I also test temp on inside clients arm before applying. I probably do Hotstone differently to most as I only place stones on back for any length of time. Then do regular massage using stones prior or after as a suppliment gliding over back and limbs. I also ask clients to tell me if stones are too hot at any stage of treatment everyone has different heat tolerance. My wok is only set to 2 or min temp and I reheat stones as needed. They don't hold heat for longer than 5 mins I change them frequently.

can you use a wax pot to heat the stones:biggrin: or does it have to be a crock pot

Last edited:
You need a hot stone heater. If you were to burn a client, how would you explain heating the stones in a wok or other pot.

Regarding the original post. It might be worth going to the ctha show . They usually have a stand there.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back