Portable massage bed re-upholstery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpenrose

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone ever had upholstery changed on their portable bed? Google won't return any appropriate results for this! So far, I am only able to find companies that do stationary medical equipment re-upholstery and they also want to do it at scale (more that 1 item).

I have a Delta Porta Lite bed (which is a hi-end bed) and after heavy use over 3,5 years, I am noticing that the support mesh as well as the padding start to prolapse slightly. Of course, I want to get it sorted before it gets worse and the clients start to complain about uncomfortable bed... Can anyone recommend an upholstery company in London or within reasonable travel distance that would do this?

If it is impossible to find this service, do you know how to recycle the bed? I would be very upset having to throw it away - the frame is perfectly fine and still going strong and sturdy. I hate throwing anything that still can be used away hence so keen to find someone to give it a bit of tlc instead.

No experience but I would assume any furniture upholster will be able to do it, the skills are the same as sofas/etc. just with more industrial grade materials. I suspect the cost of materials and time to do it will probably be more than a new replacement. Try google for your local upholster and give them a call/email.

No experience but I would assume any furniture upholster will be able to do it, the skills are the same as sofas/etc. just with more industrial grade materials. I suspect the cost of materials and time to do it will probably be more than a new replacement. Try google for your local upholster and give them a call/email.
Thank you Trinity. I ended up speaking to the upholsterer who recently gave some TLC to my blanket box. His quote was £200 pounds at the lowest. New bed will cost me £360 + VAT. It's a shame really, that there is no straightforward way to recycle it (I did contact a distributor as well as the manufacturer and they were very surprised by my query).

I wonder if anyone ever had upholstery changed on their portable bed? Google won't return any appropriate results for this! So far, I am only able to find companies that do stationary medical equipment re-upholstery and they also want to do it at scale (more that 1 item).

I have a Delta Porta Lite bed (which is a hi-end bed) and after heavy use over 3,5 years, I am noticing that the support mesh as well as the padding start to prolapse slightly. Of course, I want to get it sorted before it gets worse and the clients start to complain about uncomfortable bed... Can anyone recommend an upholstery company in London or within reasonable travel distance that would do this?

If it is impossible to find this service, do you know how to recycle the bed? I would be very upset having to throw it away - the frame is perfectly fine and still going strong and sturdy. I hate throwing anything that still can be used away hence so keen to find someone to give it a bit of tlc instead.

For a DIY option, if you get a heavy duty stapler, remove the old one and get some oilcloth it should be easy and affordable to do.

For a DIY option, if you get a heavy duty stapler, remove the old one and get some oilcloth it should be easy and affordable to do.
Thank you for your advice but I will not attempt this as I don't know what type of mesh will be strong enough to hold the body weight and don't have much faith in my DIY skills in this department.

Latest posts

Back