Portable roller wax system - which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterball

Reaction score
I've decided to invest in a handheld roller wax system. These are the two Im looking at and wondered if you other geeks used either system:

Salon System handheld roller wax
Hive handheld roller wax

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help answer them:

1. Can the heads on the Salon System rollers be changed in between clients? If not how do you clean?
2. How do you find the wax for either system?
3. What are the heat up times?
4. If not these, could you recommend another roller system? (I'm mobile so looking for something small)

Thanks! x

I've decided to invest in a handheld roller wax system. These are the two Im looking at and wondered if you other geeks used either system:

Salon System handheld roller wax
Hive handheld roller wax

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help answer them:

1. Can the heads on the Salon System rollers be changed in between clients? If not how do you clean?
2. How do you find the wax for either system?
3. What are the heat up times?
4. If not these, could you recommend another roller system? (I'm mobile so looking for something small)

Thanks! x

Yes you can purchase other heads but this isn't necessary as you can buy a cleaner for the cartridge head.It's just a standard wax cleaner that you wipe over with gauze.Clean and Easy have their own brand.

The heat up times are approx 30mins for a full wax cartridge,depends on how much in the unit at the time,but it's trial and error and once you get used to your waxing systm you will soon know how long it takes.I would recommend playing around with it at home first to get a feel for the unit.It's very important that the wax is at the right temp though,if it's not hot enough it wont glide on easily and the roller will stick.This is where most people think their waxing units dont work.

I use the Clean and Easy system and swear by it,we have 2 in the salon and I also have my own for mobile and my own waxing.I have never ever had any problems with it at all,HTH

Thanks. The applicator heads on the Salon Systems wax cartridges seem to be permanently attached?

Hi
Babyliss also do a roller system called the Satin smooth. I have heard good feedback on this product

Hi There I Use Clean And Easy Its Fab!

Thanks. The applicator heads on the Salon Systems wax cartridges seem to be permanently attached?
Mmmm,that wouldn't make sense though because how could you change the cartridge without being able to get the head off?

The salon system heads are permanently attached, therefore if you dont use the whole cartridge on one client, you would have to wipe over with the antiseptic head cleaner.imo this is probably more unhygienic than other systems.Also, i think the rollers are more costly as the heads are pre attached. hths

I had a hive one, used it once and got rid of it I'm afraid.:( The wax cartridge was so thin that warm waxed leaked through it onto me when I was waxing! Painful and dangerous.

I now use clean and easy much better, slick unit no problems with it. Worth paying a bit extra for in my opinion.

I just invested in Salon System Roller Wax Heater trio, you can buy the cartridges with the heads already attached & get refils without heads, or get Hive cartridges, which are a little smaller and buy the heads separately (6 to a box) so you can change them between clients.

I have just been practicing on myself and my family at the moment, but feel quite happy with the system so far. :hug:

I use Phd, and absolutely swear by it. They do the jpod for mobile therapists, it takes about 15mins for the wax to heat up it is impossible to spill any wax, and is the most hygienic wax system there is. I would really recommend looking into this method of waxing before you make your choice.

Hth xxx

Hi Hun

I use the Hive system and have had no problems with it in fact I think it's brill.:):):)

Fair enough it's just it burnt me so I can't say I liked it that much - ouch !Lol

I use Phd, and absolutely swear by it. They do the jpod for mobile therapists, it takes about 15mins for the wax to heat up it is impossible to spill any wax, and is the most hygienic wax system there is. I would really recommend looking into this method of waxing before you make your choice.

Hth xxx

I already use phd. I just can't get on with it for leg waxes despite being on the training course twice. It loses heat quickly, clogs in the applicator and takes me far too long to carry out the treatment. Im absolutely fine with it for other areas but Im getting really frustrated with it hence the purchase of a roller wax system for legs!

I think the Salon System unit is out for me as I don't like the thought of not being able to change heads on the cartridges. I did look at Clean and Easy but they don't seem to offer a handheld option. x

Hi Hun

I use the Hive system and have had no problems with it in fact I think it's brill.:):):)

Do you use the single handheld one?

I use Clean + Easy too. I am mobile and have not had any problems.
I tend to soften the wax in the heater before travelling to my client so that it is already half ready when I get there IYKWIM?
I have tried all of the C+E waxes (chocolate etc) and found that I prefer their Original wax overall.

I have the Hive system,but its the one that contains 6 cartridges.It has been great so far,though ive only been using it for a few months.Ive used clean and easy in salons before so did consider that as never had any problems with that either.I chose Hive as the machine is smaller than Clean and Easy so more practical for mobile work.hth

i personally love perron Rigot and ABC,but if i went for a roller ball i would use Clean and easy over Hive,in my opinion.:)

Latest posts

Back