Portable Table (i Have Done A Search, Honest)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be worth while trying ebay as you might find the perfect table on there. Unfortunately i couldn't help you with the height as I've not started my training yet, but will keep this page to remind me of all the suggestions on the right table to get.

I especially liked the idea about the ironing board. :D

Have you tried Sallys or salon Services? I got my portable table from Sallys for £80ish. It folds right down and is very lightweight. It is made specifically for mobile nail techs and so is the perfect height and width.

Miss_Biscuit said:
Julie,

I find the height fine, I use it with one of those posture stools (See Argos cat no: 617/9454) on the advise of my Creative trainer.. And it's perfect.

I did a set the other week where the client had no dining chairs or stools, so she sat on her sofa and that was the right height too.

Just to say that I went to Argos and ordered the picnic table mentioned and found the height to be very low, but then I am 6ft tall! so depending on how tall you are will determine how suitable it is for you. Just to give you an illustration when I put a chair up to it I look like I'm sitting at one of those tables for small children.

REM (salon furniture company) do a really nice mobile table - it's fairly lightweight and folds up and then has wheels so you don't even have to carry it. It looks really professional when unfolded looks like a proper salon table. Here's their website http://www.rem.co.uk/

Sally's. Got my fold up manicure table with drawer. It's fine. Even came with a lamp. Cost £50 and you can pay extra for quick delivery. xxx

Hiya

Have recently started off being modile & like you needed help finding a good table. Have tried them all from Argos etc... and none were suitable.

I then decided to splash out and bought one from Beauty furnishing (think it is made my REM). It was expensive but worth every penny, all my clients say how professional looking it is. Only downside is, it is heavy, but does have two wheels so easy to get into clients houses (unless they had stairs). Plus side is you can easily attach a day light lamp which I have found invaluable.

Table is £145 plus VAT, lamp £25 plus VAT.

This is where I ordered mine: http://www.salonlines.com

I did try being mobile without a suitable table and found it impossible (doing nails on clients sofas etc...). Well worth the investment if you are serious.

HTH

K

There are some excellent mobile tables on Ebay at the moment under the catagory of Manicure Tables. Its the kidney shaped 'Healthlife' table and I can certainly vouch for these, very sturdy and a perfect workable size. I saw them on Ebay and emailed the seller and asked him if he would consider a 'buyit now' option, and he sold me two for £45 inc p&p. (one for me and one for my daughter gms) They came wonderfully packaged, but I think they were slight seconds as there were minor marks on on one edge.

HTH

Is that two for £45 or £45 each? There are a few on Ebay right now but some are bid up to around that mark for a single table, so just wondering whether you got a bargain! :)

I can't find the Argos one - which is a pain, because i wanted that one!
I think they may have stopped stocking it! :evil:

shezza said:
Just to say that I went to Argos and ordered the picnic table mentioned and found the height to be very low, but then I am 6ft tall! so depending on how tall you are will determine how suitable it is for you. Just to give you an illustration when I put a chair up to it I look like I'm sitting at one of those tables for small children.

LMAO - i felt the same.... :o

bimbogeri said:
Is that two for £45 or £45 each? There are a few on Ebay right now but some are bid up to around that mark for a single table, so just wondering whether you got a bargain! :)

LOL! I like a bargain but never quite so lucky .... it was 45 squid for each table :)

Karin said:
Hiya

Have recently started off being modile & like you needed help finding a good table. Have tried them all from Argos etc... and none were suitable.

I then decided to splash out and bought one from Beauty furnishing (think it is made my REM). It was expensive but worth every penny, all my clients say how professional looking it is. Only downside is, it is heavy, but does have two wheels so easy to get into clients houses (unless they had stairs). Plus side is you can easily attach a day light lamp which I have found invaluable.

Table is £145 plus VAT, lamp £25 plus VAT.

This is where I ordered mine: http://www.salonlines.com

I did try being mobile without a suitable table and found it impossible (doing nails on clients sofas etc...). Well worth the investment if you are serious.

HTH

K
Sounds like you've got the same table as me - I love it! It does look so professional - it's really nice too because I have a coupoe of clients now that like to come to my house and it's great for that.

Hi

I am starting out as a mobile nail technician and looked around for a suitable table, I was told that the proper portable tables were not good so I looked around and I have bought a craft table, they sell them at Lakeland Limited for 37.00 they fold down like an ironing board flat and are great although you can not fit all your products on one.

After my purchase I found the same table in a different colour for only 19.00 so if you can get hold of a costco card I would try there.

Delisnails

[ QUOTE=julie-b]I've been trying to find where I can buy a lightweight cheap table that I can use for mobile work. I've done a couple of searches and have found some info from folks recommending the likes of Ikea and Argos. Could you let me know the name of the tables as when I've checked out their websites I can't find the ones that are being referred to. Or if anyone has got a table from elsewhere could they let me know the details so I can check them out. I've done a google search and haven't had any joy.

Sorry if folks have posted up this info before but I have done a site search (honest) but can't find any specific info.

Best wishes

Julie[/QUOTE]
i use one i got from profeesional choice its kidney shape a good size and not to heavy

Latest posts

Back