Portugal & Spain - training requirements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the requirements are for a nail tech to work in Portugal & Spain.

I have a client who is emigrating to either portugal or spain (not decided yet but likely to be portugal) and wants to become a nail tech. She hoped to train here before she went, but I advised her to hold off any decisions until we found out what training she may need to work there.

Geeg - do you know?

What are the main products used there? Who distributes creative in these countries?

There is no lisensing in Spain or Portugal.
Creative is definitely the most popular L&P system in Spain and the distributor is new with a new team of Ambassadors. They do run classes along the exact same lines as other European countries. NO education = No product.

Other nail companies are now opening up here too. I think NSI is now on the scene and OPI has been around for awhile but I am not sure how they operate as regards training.

I still teach for Creative here in my area as does Jo Carlisle (Spanish Nail champion 2003 ... they did not allow her to compete in 2004 because she is English). There is also Liz Roskell (another British Creative Ambassador) in Tenneriffe who is also a sub distributor for the Spanish distributor.

Your friend may get more experienced trainers if she does the training in the UK. Her certificate will be honored here and the number of the distributor in Barcelona is + 34 93 274 7375

ella said:
Does anyone know what the requirements are for a nail tech to work in Portugal & Spain.

I have a client who is emigrating to either portugal or spain (not decided yet but likely to be portugal) and wants to become a nail tech. She hoped to train here before she went, but I advised her to hold off any decisions until we found out what training she may need to work there.

Geeg - do you know?

What are the main products used there? Who distributes creative in these countries?

Hi Ella,

I am a mobile technician in Portugal - I done all my training in the UK - I think it is better if this is done in the UK as the certificates you get should be recognised here. I actually went to find out about insurance and they told me that they would try to find someone who would insure me but it is VERY difficult. Just be aware that if anyone does insure you over here to be a mobile technician, make sure it includes LIABILITY INSURANCE. I have been told that it is nearly impossible unless you work in a salon or own one!

The revolution here was in 1974 and they are coming along very slowly with regards to insurance and recognising UK qualifications for our type of work as for mobile, but they will get there!

If I can help in any way, ask her to drop me a line.

There is also an agent in Spain that stocks Creative products. I am sorry to say that I could not get any stock from them, they were not very helpful and told me that the card numbers I gave them, they did not recognise?

I found other means to get their products - BUT, it was a VERY expensive way of doing this. I am not sure if you can drive to Spain from here to pick up the products - I have got to ask for the address to find out where abouts they ae in Spain.

GOOD LUCK to your friend.

Lynn

lcollins said:
I am not sure if you can drive to Spain from here to pick up the products - I have got to ask for the address to find out where abouts they ae in Spain.

Lynn, the main distributor is in Barcelona and the number is in my above post. They do have sub-distributors all over Spain, so if you ring the number I'm sure they will help you find a distributor near you.

Hi Ella
It's nice to see somebody in my area on this site.
Im an Ambassador for CND and im based in Plymouth.If your client would like any advice on training, please call me on 01752 212308, i would be more than happy to assist her in any way.
I often read yours posts,and im glad to see that you enjoy using CND products.
Regards
Katrina Kneebone

geeg said:
Lynn, the main distributor is in Barcelona and the number is in my above post. They do have sub-distributors all over Spain, so if you ring the number I'm sure they will help you find a distributor near you.

Thanks Gigi,

Sorry, I looked but could not see a telephone number? glad there is more than one distributor! still could not find anyone in the UK to help me with my card number with regards to ordering from Spain? do you order products from Spain? if so, do your bank cards have more numbers on than the UK?

Anyway, thank you again for your help, when I get the number I shall try my luck again and will let you know how I get on, otherwise, it will be another trip to England!

P.S hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Lynn :cool:

The telephone number is in my 1ST post on this thread .... look higher up!

Do I buy products in Spain???? uh .. NO.

They should take your card. I use my visa in Spain al the time and it is a UK card. VISA is international! What are they playing at?

Barcelona Number is 93 274 7375

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back