Positive Covid test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Well, well, well.....hands up if you received a positive test result today 🙋‍♀️

Long story but not having the traditional 3 symptoms, but suffering with most of the anecdotal ones (headache, nausea, upset stomach, aches, hot and cold but no temperature) I was referred to the Covid19 Zoe App. It's a site providing symptom tracking data to, and in partnership with, the NHS.

I entered my details late Thursday night, based on my symptoms I got pinged for a test by them Friday morning. Tested Friday afternoon and a confirmed positive this morning :oops:

I have only visited a supermarket in the last 7 days, along with a daily walk, and a couple of short bike rides. No contact with anyone other than checkout staff, husband, postman and courier.

What was really interesting was the App asked if I had suffered any feelings of depression, an increase in allergy reactions such as sneezing and eye problems such as unusual dryness/running/etc. All 3 of which I've notion the last couple of days.

Stay safe people

Oh crumbs @Trinity, it just goes to show that no matter how careful and cautious we try to be, this disease is totally indiscriminate and random.

Take it as easy as you can, and wishing you a speedy recovery 😘

Oh goodness, you couldn’t have been more careful. It really makes you wonder about the transmission and range of symptoms.
I hope you get over it quickly with minimal symptoms. Big hug 🤗
M x

I am so shocked that even with you being incredibly careful about things, how easily you have caught it. I hope you don't suffer too badly, we need you here Trinity!

To be honest when the weather is really cold it is amazing how much "breath" can be seen when you are out walking and there's someone ahead of you.

Yo will never know how you caught it but from the evidence it points to supermarkets having no ventilation and hoards of shoppers in everyday. I've started shopping with 2 masks on and my safety specs. Is that enough? Probably not!

Thinking of you and hope you get better soon.
RosieR x

Oh my goodness. It certainly shows how contagious this latest mutation is.
Look after yourself, keep warm and I wish you a speedy recovery. <<hugs>>

@Trinity, prayers go out to you. I hope you get well, soon!

Get well soon Trinity. X

GET WELL SOON!

Hope you feel well soon. Me and my 5 year old daughter had it beginning of the year. She had a cough and i i only had headaches and loss of appetite. We hadn't even been out of the house so think it was from my partner still working even though he hasn't had it (that we know of). We finished isolating on 10th Jan my daughters cough has got worse, and I've now developed a cough 😭 xx

Trinity, I’m so sorry. Do let us know how you are doing and thank you for sharing your symptoms.

I must admit I’ve revised my “stay away” Covid protocols to include the World Health Organisation symptoms which include mouth ulcers, skin rashes, conjunctivitis, feeling tired and general malaise etc.

When I was reading them through it made me realise that 40% of people Do Have Symptoms just not the main 4 that NHS warn us to look out for. I think lots of people have no idea that they have Covid.

Try and isolate away from your husband because partners often get it more seriously- they get a bigger viral dose. You need a bottle of spray cleaner and a black bag for the bathroom. He needs marigolds, some bleach and ideally an apron. If you put your used towels, nightie and any bed linen in the black bag, and spray clean the bathroom after yourself, he can empty everything straight into the washing machine whilst wearing rubber gloves and then wash his gloves (whilst wearing them), with a little bleach and wipe over all the surfaces he’s touched. If you leave the bathroom window open it should be safe for him in about 30 mins.

whilst you’re in the bathroom, leave your bedroom window open and try and air your room (with the door closed) several times a day to keep air borne virus down.

Tell hubby to stay away from the supermarket and to whizz in and out of any shop in less than 15 mins. I’m seriously considering surgical masks with tape over the nose.

Rest, eat soup and fruit and try not to worry. We’ll be thinking of you.
3BB65440-5909-4E1F-A88D-23D420DA4F56.jpeg

@Trinity I hope you feel much better soon and you keep safe. Sending love and hugs to you and your family.

Hey guys please be wary of infected shopping trolleys I always wipe mine down before touching it No good doing it at the shop door way you’ve touched it already then maybe touched your eye mask etc please take care

Hey guys please be wary of infected shopping trolleys I always wipe mine down before touching it No good doing it at the shop door way you’ve touched it already then maybe touched your eye mask etc please take care

I carry a pack of wipes in the car, I use it to insert my coin and disconnect the trolley from the stack. I use another return it and retrieve my coin, then antibac.

Call me paranoid, but I antibac spray and wipe all of my shopping as well before putting it away.

I am so sorry to hear this, Trinity. It certainly sounds as if you did everything to avoid this, and it seems like you have caught it early. Hopefully, that will allow you to be observed, treated if necessary, and will not transmit it to others. I will keep a good thought for your quick recovery. We need you here.

I must confess, the story of your diagnosis sounds quite amazing and efficient. It is not so here. I am at the bottom of Tier II for the vaccine which should start in February, so I am hopeful I can get it at the beginning of March. I just have to stay safe until then.

I am so sorry to hear this, Trinity. It certainly sounds as if you did everything to avoid this, and it seems like you have caught it early. Hopefully, that will allow you to be observed, treated if necessary, and will not transmit it to others. I will keep a good thought for your quick recovery. We need you here.

I must confess, the story of your diagnosis sounds quite amazing and efficient. It is not so here. I am at the bottom of Tier II for the vaccine which should start in February, so I am hopeful I can get it at the beginning of March. I just have to stay safe until then.

I'm not likely get vaccine until April at the earliest, that may well slip based on failing rollout plans

Oh Trinity! So sorry to hear this. Please take care, look after yourself & get over this quickly. ❤️
It just goes to show, no matter how careful we are it’s still a huge risk....can you imagine if you’ve managed to catch it in the few places you have been, what it could possibly be like when we are working in such close contact & still being careful.
Although they do say that supermarkets are the worst places for transmission.

When I was reading them through it made me realise that 40% of people Do Have Symptoms just not the main 4 that NHS warn us to look out for. I think lots of people have no idea that they have Covid.

THIS!!!!

It's so true, and I've started ranting at the media when they say 80% are asymptomatic, no we're not! we have loads of symptoms! they are choosing not to publicise as heavily as the Big 3. In conversation with others most of those who have tested positive have had the same symptoms as me, not the Big 3.

I'd been blithely writing them off as various things, I'm menopausal so hot & cold are not unusual, no temperature over 37.7 so wrote it off
Woke up feeling nauseous, not massively unusual as hormones fluctuate in menopause so wrote it off
Upset stomach, again, not unusual for me at certain points in my cycle so wrote it off
Aches and pains, it's January, I'm on a NY health kick and got my bike out after 3 years, of course I ache so I wrote it off
My psoriasis has flared, not unusual, its mostly stress induced, we're in a pandemic lockdown, of course I'm stressed so wrote it off
I sneeze, a lot, I take a daily antihistamine 365 days a year. They'd ramped up in intensity and frequency but I didn't click
Woke up with sticky crusty eyes unusually, but didn't click

It's only because the Zoe app put all the clues together I was tested. I'd have been wandering around the supermarket totally unaware. I'm following all the guidelines but I'm still a risk to those around me.

Call me paranoid, but I antibac spray and wipe all of my shopping as well before putting it away.
Absolutely not paranoid at all. I do this too. Even if no one has touched your items on the shelf, the checkout staff will have touched it and everyone else’s before it 😳 I also visited my local shop late last night and one of the staff was coughing into their fabric mask while stocking shelves. It’s a minefield 😰

Wishing you a speedy recovery Trinity! xx

Latest posts

Back