Possible lash client suing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vlashes

Reaction score
Hi all!

First time on the forum, and I have run into my very first tough client since I started doing lash extensions in August of 2018! This is kinda long but I hope to get some legal advice so I’m being thorough.

This is regarding her first fill with me. The first time I worked on this client, I was intimidated by her, no lie. She was very happy with how they turned out when I asked her at the end of service, so I was paid and left. I checked back in with her 2-3 days later, like I usually do, and she didn’t respond back to me until like weeks later, telling me they all fell off and wants me to do her fill. Her fill was actually a full set and I found out she was using a eye mask to sleep with her extensions on; which could’ve been the cause of her lashes falling of, due to pressure on them.

When I came back to do her 2nd set, she didn’t want me to tape her bottom lashes due to her being sensitivity and I own up to this being my mistake, because I was being lenient and agreed. So I just taped on top of the gel pad; which was how I originally learned how to tape but, it isnt as effective as taping bottom first. After I finished, I realized her bottom and top inner corner lashes were stuck together on her left eye. I tried to gently remove them but she was really sensitive and got up to remove them herself, with me coaching her on how to properly do it. After she was able to separate them, I asked her before ending my service if she was happy with how it turned out and wanted me to remove or fix anything? She said she was okay and paid me. I checked back in 2-3 days later and she responds me to me a week or so later saying the lashes on her left eye are not upright in the middle of her eye and they bother her. I told her she should be brushing them daily and offered her a removal or fix it, free of charge. Instead, she was adamant for a refund saying my service didn’t produce decent results. She said I glued her eye shut, but they’re not glued shut, I made sure of that before I ended my service. I don’t know what her aftercare is, even though I went through it with her so I don’t know what could’ve caused her lashes to turn inwards when they were all upright.

Please help me because I don’t think I should have to provide a refund due to me doing the correct steps, except for one error, which I rectified with her immediately. She didn’t mention she was unhappy with what happened before I ended my service, just after a week or so after she finally responded to my check up texts, saying she was unhappy and wants a refund. She has threaten to publicly post and complain about my service, if she doesn’t get the refund.

I would appreciate any and all advice for what I should be doing I am just afraid about getting sued. Thank you for any advice!!

Last edited:
Relax, she doesn’t have a case as she has to prove you were negligent in some way and caused serious harm. Unless you stabbed her in the eye, she’s on a hiding to nothing.

Are her threats via text, if so, screen shot and save them for at least 6 months.
Tell her that if she threatens you again, you will report her to the Police and have her prosecuted for harassment. Then block her.

Next time, if a client leaves it longer than 2 weeks, be firm and tell them they must pay for a new full set. If you bend over backwards too far to accommodate ridiculous expectations, you’ll discover that these are the types of clients that are chancers and will try to get away without paying. I can almost guarantee that she (and her friends) will have done something similar to someone else, whether it’s lashes, nails, tans etc.

If your instinct tells you they’re going to be a chancer, you don’t have to agree to their demands. Just say NO very firmly.

Also, from the many similar posts here on SalonGeek, if you set your prices too low, you’ll attract The Chancers.

hi vlashes. Welcome.

Which country are you working in? A lot of us here are posting in the UK where the law is different to the US. You need to make sure you are complying with all the regulations applicable in your State.

Beauty services in the UK are mostly unregulated.

As AcidPerm has suggested, you need to stay away from clients who are going to be more trouble than they are worth.

hi vlashes. Welcome.
Which country are you working in? A lot of us here are posting in the UK where the law is different to the US. You need to make sure you are complying with all the regulations applicable in your State.

Whoops, didn’t spot that she’s from the States. :eek:

hi vlashes. Welcome.

Beauty services in the UK are mostly unregulated.

As AcidPerm has suggested, you need to stay away from clients who are going to be more trouble than they are worth.
Hi!
I am from the US but I just don’t know what to do. I haven’t actually caused her any harm and always made sure she was happy before leaving.

Latest posts

Back