Possible MMA tonight...plan of action ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
I have a lady coming to me tonight who is pretty desperate lol..
I have a feeling due to the place she had her nails done it may be MMA
(I could however be wrong, and hope I am)
But if it is...what is the best plan of action to take...
Should I
a) attempt to file off and apply new set....
b) thin out and overlay
c) clip of extention edges, thin out remaining nail bed l&p and sculpt new free edge, and overlay nail bed...

Or d) something totally different ???

She isn't coming until 7pm, so haven't got too long really to get them done...

I would search for answers but am off out now...

Thankyou thankyou thankyou xxxx

(hopefully I am soooo wrong and its not MMA, )

If it is MMA and there is no lifting, I would thin down the enhancements as much as possible, replace apex and fill zone three.

I wouldnt soak off unless it was neccessary, thats what I do unless the client is insistant, but if you explain your reason and the fact that there might be a slight colour difference, most clients will take your advice.:)

I agree with Jacs comments , Ive had my fair share of MMA ...yuk!!! Debulk and infill if you can , if youve really bad lifting ...god help ya...:lol: thats when I come unstuck with them!!!.

I wouldnt clip the extensions, your likely to break your clippers and cause damage to the natural nail.

And thirdly ..MAKE SURE YOU WEAR GLOVES..or your hands will be itching like mad to moz, and dont use your best files, and dispose of the ones you do use.!! HTH.:lol:

Let us know how you get on I like to know of others peeps experiences withh MMA..if thats what they are of course.:)

I would thin down and overlay, will probably knacker up a good file but this is what I do, once you've done that correctly shaped the free edge and built up an apex they will look like a much more beautiful 'new set'

Thankyou Girls xxx

We have decided she is going to come round, and If they seem to be a straight forward set, I will continue with the treatment...
If not lol... we are going to rearrange another day when its not so late..
She doesn't have long because of her baby tonight...

Yes I agree with Jac too, they'll grow out eventually x

Good thinking, Em. The baby would be at nursery school by the time you'd soaked the blighters off if it's MMA! :lol:

:o

Well peeps,
I am happy to say...she came...I did the consultation, the nails seemed nice and thin...one breakage...
I figured I could file and soak... So I did,

The majority of the product soaked off ok, But as I was doing them I noticed an underneath layer like a clump at the end of each nail, wouldn't budge,
I just presumed I hadnt soaked for long enough and got to work with my file again...
Filed off fairly easy, but there wasn't much really

I did say to her at one point, this underneath layer has a different consistantsy its strange, it doesn't seem to want to move...
I also noticed it had a glassy look to it...

Further along the conversation she mentioned, that just before her holiday a couple of weeks ago (she had asked if I could do her nails that day, but I couldn't, and she said she would contact me when she came back)
As I couldn't fit her in, she had gone to another local salon and had a repair and an infill :idea: and that the girl doing them WAS filing for a VERY long time :idea:....

I was unaware that she had been for the infil and thought she had only had the repair the day before her holiday...

So my figurings are.... I was correct in the begining, she HAD had MMA, then the poor tech that performed her infil and repair must have removed most of it during the treatment.. leaving me only a little bit to remove :lol:

She left a very happy client, I informed her of the treatments I do, and that she doesn't just have to have white tip and overlay...I can provide her with waaayyyy more than that...she seemed excited at the thought...she is a nail lover woo !

Her poor nail beds have been attacked in places with an efile... in the wrong hands !!!

But despite that she has lovely lean nail beds and I am going to love them and cherish them... and bring them to nno level :green:

Thankyou for your help everyone :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back