Post baby weight loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Hope you are all doing well?

Just wanted to post and say for any ladies who found they put on quite a bit of weight during pregnancy how did they find loosing the weight after baby? What did you do? How long did it take? Tell me anything I'd love to hear!!

Pre baby I was just over 11 stone I went up to 16 stone : ( He was quite a big baby as he weighed 10lb 11oz and I found within 3 months I had lost 3 stone and between 3-5 months I went down to 12 stone. I didn't diet especially.

But I got stuck on 12 stone and have started dieting and am slowly going down am now 11.5 stone. But I am DETERMINED to be even better than I was before and want to get to 9 stone which is when I felt really good about my size not necessarily the number on the scales but how clothes looked on my body and I felt healthy. I'm fairly lucky as my shape and features haven't changed dramatically now that I'm starting to get back to pre baby, just smothered in stretch marks but hey, let's just call those tigers stripes ; )

Love to hear from you all

Steph xx

First of all well done for losing all that the first place! But after the initial falls off this rest is bloody hard to shift isn't it 😥

I personally used to find it quite easy to lose weight before having my daughter but after having her... OMG so much harder lol. I went from 12 to 11 stone and it took me 4 months (would have taken me about 2 pre-baby)
I was at the gym 3-4 times per week for around am hour at a time, doing boxercise twice a week and going half an hour runs 3 times a week. Besides this i was eating very healthy eg. Fruit for breakfast, cup a soup for lunch and grilled chicken and sweetcorn for dinner.

My only advice is keep at it... It's never going to be easy and all these 'quick fix' pills and shakes aren't going to do all the work! Good old hard exercise and eating healthy is the way to go. And if you sit one night and think 'i could really go a big dirty Chinese' then do it! There's no point in depressing yourself because thatll just put you off the whole thing!

Jeezo I don't half ramble on! Lol good luck ☺ xx

I have to admit I used my son as a handy excuse for ages but he's eight months old now so it's losing its believability :p
I've just been counting calories which has made a start but I'll be adding a run on Saturdays this weekend as I have a 5k in a few months. Hopefully that will push it along a bit.

I think I had loads of fluid weight which came out quite quickly, I remember after my cafeter came out from the epidural I was busting to wee and I had my partner help me to the loo... My gosh that stung and it wouldn't stop!

I have really found the last bit of post baby weight stubborn to go, whereas before just cutting sugar would help. I've started walking to the supermarket which is a good 1hour walk and I cannot wait to get to the gym and do some legs and bum work and abs of course : o

I personally love eating healthy and found a supplement called Spiru-tein which has lots of protein, vitamins, minerals and hardly any carbs and quite tasty too thankfully, some taste like s**t!

Steph xx

I gained 5st when I was pregnant Max is almost a year old now and I've lost it all 2st just fell off within 3 weeks (some of that was baby 9.5lbs) and lost another 3 through slimming world I was 3st heavier than I wanted to be when I fell pregnant so now concentrating on getting that off still following slimming world
The first pic is 6 days after I had my son the 2nd was taken just before Christmas ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422306164.503103.jpg

I lost all my baby weight within 12 weeks after birth. Then I went on the depo shot. What a mistake! I've gained at least 7lbs in 1 month. Definitely won't be going on that again.

Well done to all you ladies that are working on and have lost the baby weight x

It took me 3 years to get back to me pre pregnancy weight. I had a big baby, but found the weight I gained with him fell off pretty much straight after I had him. The problem for me was inactivity after I had him! I lived in the third floor of a block of flats, no lift. So I was petrified of going out and having to carry the pram down the stairs! Ridiculous I know! So apart from mandatory appointments, I would stay at home and just look after him! Anyway, after I moved to a ground floor flat I finally began to get more active and lose weight. Yo yo diets made me lose and gain until eventually, I joined a gym and started eating clean and training.
Finally I lost all the weight I had gained. I wanted to do this for myself and also to have another baby (I have pcos too so that makes it harder to lose weight and get pregnant).

So after losing all my baby weight, I'm pregnant! Which is such amazing news, just not looking forward to having to lose all the weight again! Haha!

EdenHair - OMG your transformation after baby and just before christmas is amazing!!! Well done you and to all the other mummy's who have managed to achieve these results re loosing baby weight. I on the other hand still need to lose my 3 stone I gained through pregnancy.....2 years on!! Lol. Can any one tell me how slimming world works please? Might give this a try xx

EdenHair - OMG your transformation after baby and just before christmas is amazing!!! Well done you and to all the other mummy's who have managed to achieve these results re loosing baby weight. I on the other hand still need to lose my 3 stone I gained through pregnancy.....2 years on!! Lol. Can any one tell me how slimming world works please? Might give this a try xx

Thank you 😊 Slimming World is more of a lifestyle change rather than a diet it's fantastic there's so much you can have on eat delicious recipes and meals and they're even bringing out a ready meal range at iceland next month 😁
I've put the link below for their website so you can have a look for yourself. Xxxxx

http://www.slimmingworld.com

I gained 4 stone with my first and had a c section which is trickier to get the weight off, I dieted but still ate plenty so breakfast lunch and dinner and 2 healthy snacks a day, I also wrapped twice a week to help tone up my skin I was back to ore baby weight after 4 months and my skin was toned, it's a struggle but maintaining is the key to losing weight

It's a constant struggle even 3 years after having my last! I had a 10lb14oz baby too...a big boy. Finding time between taking care of him and my oldest, on top of working is tough! Weight watchers worked for me as well as a healthy diet and supplements.
I of course have the occasional cheat day! :)

I'm backing up Slimming World too! I joined pre-pregnancy though. I started at 14.3, last weigh in pre-birth I was 14. Then I reached my target of 10.7 when my son was almost 9 months old (3.10 gone altogether) and have stayed like that for just over 7 months now. It is definitely a life style change rather than a flash diet, but it makes such a difference. Plus it's supported by the Royal College of Midwives, so if you want to do it through pregnancy you are allowed.

Latest posts

Back