Post Covid-19 waiver form

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Lushlashesabz

Reaction score
Hi, I’m thinking ahead and wondering if other salon owners are going to expect clients to fill out a waiver form. If so, do you have one I could see to give me an idea of where to start.
TIA
Faith

Blissful Serenity

Reaction score
I’d like to follow this. But I am a mobile beauty therapist. I wonder if I could do a txt/email/facebook page form (non contact) & have them consent to it?

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I wouldn’t actually call it a waiver because you can’t legally waive your rights to be harmed. However, I do think you’ll need to ask them to fill in a revised consultation form that includes a sentence asking if they might have had Covid-19 or currently have symptoms similar to Covid-19.

Hairdressers are being advised to skin test ALL colour clients because there are concerns about how Covid affects the immune system and can cause it to be much more sensitive. If you have treatments where skin testing is normally advisable, then it makes sense to skin test everyone having that treatment for the first time since re-opening.

It’s not so much a concern about being sued but you wouldn’t want any client to suffer an adverse reaction AND it wouldn’t be good for your business reputation.

Enchanting Beauty

Reaction score
I’m going to go over to online consultation forms & get everyone fill a new one out. Then thinking of doing a separate terms & conditions form with Covid symptoms checklist for them to fill out at the same time.

Marzie

Reaction score
Hi which system are you using to do your online forms ? I have templates from babtac but would like to send a form to be filled out and returned.

Holly1991

Reaction score
Good salon guide have a very quick generic health check questionnaire that is also printable if like me you have a lot of elderly clients without email or text so easy enough to get them to fill out before their appointment

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi. Do we have to patch test all our ladies again for brow and lash tints

Also. I text my ladies the day before with their reminder just asking them to confirm that they haven’t had the 3 questions that are on the gov guidelines

Enchanting Beauty

Reaction score

Also. I text my ladies the day before with their reminder just asking them to confirm that they haven’t had the 3 questions that are on the gov guidelines
It’s recommended to do a patch test agai.
There is a video from a hairdresser (can’t find it now) where she didn’t patch test her client again for colour as it hadn’t been 6 months since her last colour. The client had suffered really badly with covid & within seconds of having the colour applied, had a very nasty reaction to it.
Better safe then sorry.

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
We’ve been advising hairdressers to patch test all clients before a colour service. According to medical experts, even people who are asymptomatic or suffered only minor symptoms with Covid have found that their immune system is reacting negatively to substances that previously wouldn’t affect it.

So even if your client thinks they’ve not had it, it’s best to patch test to be on the safe side.

Vishal

Reaction score
Hi, I’m thinking ahead and wondering if other salon owners are going to expect clients to fill out a waiver form. If so, do you have one I could see to give me an idea of where to start.
TIA
Faith
Hi there!

Salons generally have to use a Waiver form during this tough situation.

It is best if you could use waiver forms during appointment booking. MioSalon software has both Screening Survey & Waiver Release forms. They are customizable and it automatically sends an alert to Manager for any risk involved in appointment. You can check it out here: https://www.miosalon.com/COVID-19

Here is a sample Waiver form:
  • I understand that i will have to follow the Salon's strict guidelines to help prevent each other from the spread of contagious COVID-19 virus
    Yes / No
  • I understand that travel significantly increases my risk of contracting and transmitting the COVID-19 virus and I will take preventative measures.
    Yes / No
  • I understand that it is not always possible to determine who has contracted COVID-19 virus as they don’t show any symptoms and still can be highly contagious.
    Yes / No
  • I understand that visiting a Salon can elevate the risk of contracting the virus because of the nature of salon & beauty services and frequent visitors
    Yes / No
  • Temperature Check before entering Salons
    I’m willing to get my body temperature checked before beginning my salon services. If my Temperature is above 99’ I agree to not visit the Salon for the next 14 days and with any of the common COVID-19 symptoms including Fever, Cough, Sore throat, Running nose, Respiratory difficulties, Muscle Aches
    Yes / No
  • I understand all the potential risks and complications related to COVID-19, and I would like to proceed with my desired Salon Services
    Yes / No
  • I understand, read and completed this questionnaire truthfully to the best of my knowledge. All of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction and I consent to the terms of this agreement

This might give you an idea of what it looks like:
COVID-19 Consent Form for Salons & Spa.png

Cheers!

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just to re-iterate that Waiver forms aren’t legal in most parts of Europe and this is a U.K. based forum.

Marzie

Reaction score
Hi we are using Consult by Timely. It’s mainly for Test and Protect to have our clients details if needed to trace. There are other templates too and it’s free.

Latest posts