Post gel allergy advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladydanger

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

About two and a half years ago, I developed a gel allergy due to applying (cheap) gel polish myself at home (badly!) I know, stupid mistake, and lesson learnt!

I stopped doing that altogether, and have been using regular polish since then, and my nails have been in good shape.

I've been tempted to get a gel manicure for a holiday, and I'm wondering if this would be a bad idea? Once you developed an allergy in the past, is it ever okay to go back?

This would be done at a salon, so I assume they wouldn't make mistakes I made (undercuring, etc.) What do you think? Is there any type of gel polish that would be better suited?

Any advice appreciated, thank you :)
x

It’s a bad idea to do this just before a holiday. If your symptoms worsen, it could wreck your holiday plans.
Do you know which ingredient you are allergic to?
You could pay them to do one finger first and leave it a week to see if any of the symptoms return.

However, you’re unlikely to have grown out of your allergy.

It’s a bad idea to do this just before a holiday. If your symptoms worsen, it could wreck your holiday plans.
Do you know which ingredient you are allergic to?
You could pay them to do one finger first and leave it a week to see if any of the symptoms return.

However, you’re unlikely to have grown out of your allergy.

Thanks for your reply :)

You're probably right, it's not a good idea, especially before a holiday! I like your suggestion of getting one finger done to test it, though. I hadn't thought of that!

x

Latest posts

Back