POSTERS IN NSS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalAttraction

Reaction score
HI

i know that is was mentioned after watchdog was on that the nss will use professional posters to make them look good....

well say for example that a nss is using a creative poster and creative head office found out and they were not creative trained, could you tell them to take it down for false advertsing?????

cazza :? :? :? :? :? :?

Unfortunately No.

There are a bazillion salons most are standard salons who use Creative posters and others to decorate their salons. It is not really advertising that they use Creative products.

These salons also carry OPI Polish, so most Clients that are dumb
enough to go into these places are also dumb enough to believe
they use OPI acrylic. :rolleyes: They also advertize Solar Nails.....
so does this mean they use Solar Products????Not.I walked into
one with a friend the other day and I saw a container of
Barbicide on the shelf in back, I asked if they knew they were
suppose to use Barbicide Plus and the Manager said, We don't
ever give no one infections, we just picked this up from the
Hospital, that's what they use. WHAT!!!! I just laughed. :D

If I have the concept of "NSS" correct, I find it interesting that these salons seem to pass State Board inspections! They are still in business. :| They have their licenses prominently posted as instructed. I guess it's difficult for consumers to know what's what when they are told to check for this licensure and that certificate and VOILA! There they are on the walls.

I am working hard to not consider those type salons "competition". I get weak errry now and then, but I'm getting there in my thinking. ~ Sigh ~

rafiki said:
If I have the concept of "NSS" correct, I find it interesting that these salons seem to pass State Board inspections! They are still in business. :| They have their licenses prominently posted as instructed. I guess it's difficult for consumers to know what's what when they are told to check for this licensure and that certificate and VOILA! There they are on the walls.

I am working hard to not consider those type salons "competition". I get weak errry now and then, but I'm getting there in my thinking. ~ Sigh ~

Hi

I had one open across from me and to be honest it did my business more good than harm. I know that sounds double dutch but we had soooooo many people coming in asking us to put their work right our clientelle doubled. I never said anything about it to them or called in any way, the other salon, i just sympathised with the state their nails were in and put them right, voila new clients.
Eventually they moved on. I certainly didnt consider them my competition just an annoyance really. I wouldnt say they were breaking any laws, they used OPI which is not a bad product. Its just their work was rubbish. Good at air brushing though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back