Posts that make no sense

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I hate is when people use lil, instead of little or small. :smack:

I'll try not to be too offended by the dislike of the word "lil" :biggrin:

I do actually despise people who can't seem to use a fullstop or paragraph spacing but I dont mind the use of SOME letters for words. E.g. u for you or r for are. At least it's not butchering the word like l8er for later.

Oh and on the "professional" front. You should request the site remote emoticons then, because let's be honest... anyone who uses those in a professional context really isn't that professional ;)

Last edited:
When I am replying to posts on here on my phone I actually have to go back and correct my grammar or punctuation as because it's my phone I feel like I am sending a text not replying to a post so maybe we could give some people the benefit of the doubt. I also don't mind u for you however anything else is unacceptable! How do these people expect to be taken seriously when they sound like Vicky Pollard. Fair enough if they want to talk like that but please don't type it that way!!

Right, I'm going to use this thread to finally get this one out and then leave it alone.

Why are people changing the spelling of advice? Constantly, I see it spelt as advise instead. This is so much so, that I actually started doubting myself.

You can adviSe somebody, but it is adviCe that you give them.

Thank you for listening, I have been sitting on this one for a while.

Right, I'm going to use this thread to finally get this one out and then leave it alone.

Why are people changing the spelling of advice? Constantly, I see it spelt as advise instead. This is so much so, that I actually started doubting myself.

lol so right!

Okay .
Text talking is one thing .
But spelling is not always laziness . Please try to remember that some of us have issues when it comes to spelling .

If the auto correct / spell check gives me a word and it reads or looks like the word I'm looking for, then I am going to go with it !

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read the whole thread it does actually say that we are aware some people have trouble with spelling but it's the text talk that bugs us. No offence was meant by this thread, just asking that people make sure their posts are readable :)

Woah! My post is not aimed at anyone with Dyslexia. I'm sorry if it came across that way, or too generalised, but that is in no way my intention.

My example of advise/advice was given because it has changed so much that I even began doubting it myself. With the text talk, I find it difficult to read and it takes longer. I don't know if this has anything to do with phone apps and habit when people text, that it gets transferred to posting on forums for some.

I'm sure people can tell when it's text talk or not great spelling, I'm terrible at spelling and even say words wrong when talking, I've been told by friends and family that it seems like I have dyslexia ( can't even spell that) but people who no me just take it the way I am not laziness.
I'm sure that's what the posts mean! Text talk is lazy not spelling mistakes and punctuation.x x

Last edited:
Ps I should use spell check but I think the words are right and I'm quite frantic to post or send something as soon as its been typed! 😱x x

Woah! My post is not aimed at anyone with Dyslexia. I'm sorry if it came across that way, or too generalised, but that is in no way my intention.

My example of advise/advice was given because it has changed so much that I even began doubting it myself. With the text talk, I find it difficult to read and it takes longer. I don't know if this has anything to do with phone apps and habit when people text, that it gets transferred to posting on forums for some.

You did not come across 'that' way and this thread is about text speak.

I have to say when you use the iPad and look back often it changes things. I often look and think omg that's not what I wrote. Xxx

I have to say when you use the iPad and look back often it changes things. I often look and think omg that's not what I wrote. Xxx

Hehe that's happened a lot to me to! X x

For anyone having a down day I recommend the site called 'dam you auto correct' I promise you will laugh so hard you will cry.
On to text writing, this subject has been aired many times and I'm glad that it comes up every now and then, we are a growing community and it's good to remind new members that some of our fabulous geeky members are from such far flung places as Greece and Russia. They like everyone here give their time and expertise free of charge and I for one have had many questions answered on here that would otherwise never have been resolved for me.
So, please don't anyone turn this into a bi*ch fest because they don't have good spelling or good grammar and think they are being picked on. (no one has yet )
THEY ARE NOT!
A lot of us would be lost with out the spell checker and even with it can get into trouble.
This is quiet rightly a thread reminding everyone that it's important to write as clearly as possible so that the largest amount of people possible will read what is written, that way the person who is best able to give a solution will feel inclined to answer.
Great thread x

I av red dis Fred an don't no wat u lot r on about? ;)

Latest posts

Back