Posts that make no sense

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else get frustrated trying to read some posts? Some people use no punctuation or use text talk and it can get confusing and half the time I can't make any sense out of these posts! All I'm trying to say is please can people check there posts after writing and make sure they use punctuation,paragraphs etc so they are easy to read!!Thanks geeks,rant over :) xx

The subject has been brought up several times yet the text speak goes on. How much more difficult or time consuming is it to tye you as opposed to u? I mean, seriously.

The thing we have to remember is this is an INTERnational site. Some geeks do not use English as their first language and I feel we should be as gramatically correct as we can be. Along with grammar, spell as best you can but NO text speak. Leave that for your phone.

The other thing to think about is many geeks will not read a thread that is full of text speak (I am one of those geeks), thus limiting the amount of advice they may receive.

I completely agree! If i see a post with text speak or no punctuation it puts me off reading. I know this has been brought up before but it seems to fall on deaf ears!

I can't help but get a mental image when I read text speak on here. I know it's wrong to judge, but all I can see is Vicky Pollard or Billy Mitchells Granddaughter chewing gum and typing away on their phone. :o

I know what you mean, it also makes me feel like they are unprofessional.

I know what you mean, it also makes me feel like they are unprofessional.

You hit the nail on the head with the word PROFESSIONAL. This is a professional website and (IMHO) no place for text speak.

I feel this way as well, it is a professional site and if you were sending a work related email would you use text speak? I think not!

Lets hope that yet another thread about grammar and punctuation makes a difference!

All those in favour of correct grammar, punctuation and the use of proper English raise your hand :)

Hi

I totally agree, I always try to write properly here and leave my use of text speak to texting (although I'm sure I've slipped up afew times when I've been in a rush!)

However playing devil advocate and I'd like to hear your views does anyone think that with text spelling and with alot people growing up thinking that l8er is the actual way to spelling later, cu l8er etc that the English language will eventually evolve and this will be the new version of the English language - I hope not but can't help thinking it may be?

I love this thread!! I cannot abide text speak, the closest you would ever get me doing it is cos instead of because or tomoz instead of tomorrow, otherwise it's full words and I always use punctuation!! I think I was an English teacher in a former life. Thing is there's no real need for text speak now, what with so many mobiles having auto correct facilities x

In agreement over here.

Cannot abide 'wot iz de cheepest nail stuff I can get 2day'

How hard is it really to type correct words?? I know there are many dyslexic geeks who do have trouble with some spelling, grammar etc which is Absolutely fine, but I draw the line at posts full of text speak, looks totally unprofessional and I do usually skip past these posts as it takes me an absolute age to work out what the poster is getting at :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets so annoyed with it! It should be a geek rule and posts that are in text speak should be closed :) I understand that people are going to make spelling mistakes but I think it is obvious when it is a mistake as opposed to lazy typing!

Well, we had this only a few weeks ago and I remember Geeg coming on saying that we can report Text Speak on here as it is not allowed in posts, so come on girls and guys lets unite against the improper, unprofessional image that these posts portray.

I for one am itching to be the first to report one of these as it is my biggest hate. I even hate texting. Why cant a client have the decency to pick up the phone and make a 2 minute call, instead they text..

How much for nails

then I have to reply

Which nails would you like ( or something similar)
then they reply...
Gel

then me..

Extensions or natural nail overlay,

then
Im not sure,,,

well you get the picture dont you.

By the time we get to appointment and costs I have lost the will to live!!!!
:mad:

Well, we had this only a few weeks ago and I remember Geeg coming on saying that we can report Text Speak on here as it is not allowed in posts, so come on girls and guys lets unite against the improper, unprofessional image that these posts portray.

I for one am itching to be the first to report one of these as it is my biggest hate. I even hate texting. Why cant a client have the decency to pick up the phone and make a 2 minute call, instead they text..

How much for nails

then I have to reply

Which nails would you like ( or something similar)
then they reply...
Gel

then me..

Extensions or natural nail overlay,

then
Im not sure,,,

well you get the picture dont you.

By the time we get to appointment and costs I have lost the will to live!!!!
:mad:

I get a lot of enquiries on my Facebook page. Recently I got -

(All literally said & spelt like this too!)

girl - iyaaaaa ow mch 4 tan?!

Me - £15

girl - Al leeve it thn tar

Me - ok no problem, thanks.

girl - do ya do discount 4 alf bodiee tan?!

Me - no sorry I don't do half body tans only full body.

Girl - what's best tan I cn buy from town to do maself?! N 1 tht ain't gunna go orangeee lmaoooo (yes she really did put lmaoooo on my professional page!)

seriously I just cringed & removed the comment off my page!

I really dislike it when people spell in a ridiculous manner, bugs me! Just spells out CHAV !

One thing I hate is when people use lil, instead of little or small. :smack:

All your posts are making me laugh. I can't believe people actually talk like that. :)

I hate text speak!! The one that really annoys me is sozzy instead of sorry! It's the same amount of letters!!! X

I get a lot of enquiries on my Facebook page. Recently I got -

(All literally said & spelt like this too!)

girl - iyaaaaa ow mch 4 tan?!

Me - £15

girl - Al leeve it thn tar

Me - ok no problem, thanks.

girl - do ya do discount 4 alf bodiee tan?!

Me - no sorry I don't do half body tans only full body.

Girl - what's best tan I cn buy from town to do maself?! N 1 tht ain't gunna go orangeee lmaoooo (yes she really did put lmaoooo on my professional page!)

seriously I just cringed & removed the comment off my page!

I really dislike it when people spell in a ridiculous manner, bugs me! Just spells out CHAV !

Hahaha (won't put lol!!) oh dear, it really stretches my brain sometimes just to understand what these people are actually trying to say!

Some posts I just can't make any sense of! I find myself not knowing what they are trying to ask!

Wow that's like another language! X

Jeez I HATE text speak. If someone put that on my facebook page I probably wouldn't answer it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back