posture for threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oli

Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone advise correct posture to protect the neck during threading? I started a workshop last week, going in for my 2nd day next week. I was jerking my head a lot to rip out the hairs and sure enough 2 days later my shoulders and neck are almost frozen!

Obviously I am doing something very wrong and i was controlling it in the class and practising at home but it seems to be something I tend to do :eek:
I am going to say it to my teacher but does anyone have a history of doing the same and how did you come out of it?

Cheers geeks ;);)

are you threading using the method with the cotton in your mouth ?

maybe you could change and use the other method by making a circle of thread and twisting it in the middle and just using your fingers at each end of the circle (you catch the hair at one side of the twist and then open fingers on the other side of twist to pull hair out)- were you shown both ways of doing threading?

I think the way I detailed above is easier as then you can just use your normal posture like when you are tweezing eyebrow hair

or contact your trainer for tips on posture if you prefer using the method you were shown or maybe they could show you the other method as well and then you have the choice of which way to use.

hth
Nicola

Hi you say you are jerking your head a lot, are you jerking your head up (so your face is coming up) or are you jerking your head a bit like a chicken iykwim?
Have you tried adjusting the length of the thread? I find it better with it shorter personally.
An alternative is the cats cradle method as already mentioned but i have to say again for me personally i find it very hard to keep my hands co-ordinated to do this although from the hygiene point of view i do prefer it. hth xx

hi, try to use your back to lean away from the client. lean in and out for each twist. this will pull the thread tight as you move away. dont move your head at all, keep your head and neck rigid. it works for me and iv had to give up nails because of my neck . i hope that makes sence.

Are habia not looking to change the training method of threading to cats cradle? I thought they were for RSI back injury ect!

I was shown the 3 methods when trained but was trained in cats cradle so if your using an other moethod I can help sorry. Hope you get it sorted though!

Ta Ladies

Hi Perfectbeauty, yes the method with the cotton in the mouth is the method I have been show, the cats cradle sounds good I will ask about it tomorrow and get practising

Helen V, I was kind of doing the chicken thing drag the thread, the first few times I even had my eyes shut it was so vigorous! :o I have learned to calm it down a bit now

Will def use my back, i actually was trying to use a longer length thread as I felt I was on top of the client trying to zoom in on the hairs! Makes sense then that there is a risk of RSI must not be just me doing it!

O

Latest posts

Back