posture??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone give me any recommendations for a nice, comfortable seat and workstation to use??!!

I have been using a 'kneel' stool, and I have to say...after long days...I am bordering on booking in for a knee replacement operation, 'cos my knees are aching so bad!

I started off a couple of months ago small time in my salon...it hasn't taken long for my business to take off (faster and better than I could ever have imagined) and now, I am desperate to find a nice comfortable seat and workstation, so I can come home without aching wrists...back..neck and knees!!!.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Jenny - Notts/Derbys :D

Well Jenny
I have a typist chair at my work station..........
I figured that a typist sits all day and needs good support............and so do we.............
So I went and got mine from Staples and it's brill............
lots of colour choices too....and they come in all price ranges too.............mind you got some funny looks when I test drove mine............
My work station is a standard nail station from REM..........
hope this helps

Jenny-Nails said:
Hi there, can anyone give me any recommendations for a nice, comfortable seat and workstation to use??!!

I have been using a 'kneel' stool, and I have to say...after long days...I am bordering on booking in for a knee replacement operation, 'cos my knees are aching so bad!

Jenny - Notts/Derbys :D

As a reformed secretary, I initially opted for a typists chair. Recently I have been suffering a little from shoulder strain and a pain in the rear LOL.

I read a backcare book and it recommended the kneeling chairs. I tried one out recently on a training course and bought one. The first time I used it at home I had bruised shins and sore knees. I realised I had it set too high and all my weight was pushed forward on to my knees. Now I have adjusted the height, it is one of the most comfortable positions I have been in (well whilst doing nails anyway LOL).

If your kneeling chair is relatively new then try adjusting the height downwards and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back