Pot Waxing - Paper or Cotton Strips ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just replied in another post regarding this. I think I am now a converted paper user. Quick and easy and as Axiom says, the wax doesn't seep through as it does with fabric making ones gloves sticky.

I usually use paper strips but i dont really mind to be honest.

who's everyones favourite brand of paper strips????

thanks

AMb

who's everyones favourite brand of paper strips????

thanks

AMb

I swear by the cheap and cheerful Lotus Essentials paper strips from Salons Direct. I buy in bulk and they work out at about £1.35 a packet I think. They're nice and soft, plus they're strong - the best qualities of paper and fabric rolled into one :D

I swear by the cheap and cheerful Lotus Essentials paper strips from Salons Direct. I buy in bulk and they work out at about £1.35 a packet I think. They're nice and soft, plus they're strong - the best qualities of paper and fabric rolled into one :D

Thanks for that !

I saw reggin perrins price and nearly fell through the floor - i have had theirs in the past but must not have checked the price b4 i ordered:eek:

i'm off to check the lotus ones out:green:

Thanks for that !

I saw reggin perrins price and nearly fell through the floor - i have had theirs in the past but must not have checked the price b4 i ordered:eek:

i'm off to check the lotus ones out:green:

Yeah the Perron Rigot strips are really nice to wax with and they come in a lovely re-usable box, lol, but it's the box that pushes up the price. As you know I'm a big PR fan but even I can't justify spending that much on wax strips! :D

I'm trying to convince Thalgo to stock the cheaper shrinkwrapped refills, I'll let you know if I have any success!!

I always use fabric strips for any facial waxing as they seem gentler on the skin than paper (not sure why this is tho).

I find paper better for stubborn waxing, but agree with some of my clients that paper waxing seems more painful. I use paper for legs, either for underarms, and either for bikini! Generally use paper for backs, and mostly paper for stomachs and chests, although use strips for nipple area. Am i beginning to sound weird?!

i use PHD & ABC tube wax, absolutely love it.

fabric for face, tough hairs and around the knees.
paper - for legs

hope this helps

i generally use hive paper strips, they're a bit longer than other paper strips i've tried and a little thinner, i can't get on with fabric, too floppy for me xx

Latest posts

Back