Pot Waxing - Paper or Cotton Strips ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelaznailz

Reaction score
I'm happy with pot & spatula waxing system and am getting faster and more proficient with it. Today I ran out of paper strips for doing legs, underarms & bikinis and had to use cotton ones. Normally I only use cotton strips, cut into smaller strips, for facial & eyebrow waxing as I find it more flexible. However, the small frayed ends of the cotton got everywhere and made a mess of clients' clothes, and I ended up offering them a lint roller to tidy up before they left the salon.:irked:
I was wondering what other geeks used and preferred.

I'm happy with pot & spatula waxing system and am getting faster and more proficient with it. Today I ran out of paper strips for doing legs, underarms & bikinis and had to use cotton ones. Normally I only use cotton strips, cut into smaller strips, for facial & eyebrow waxing as I find it more flexible. However, the small frayed ends of the cotton got everywhere and made a mess of clients' clothes, and I ended up offering them a lint roller to tidy up before they left the salon.:irked:
I was wondering what other geeks used and preferred.
Yes this is a problem with the fabric strips when cut down.I cut mine over the bin then vigorously shake them out,again over the bin,this way any bits dont really come into contact with the client,her/his hair or clothing.HTH

Ive always used paper strips since leaving college, for some reason I tend to flap about with the fabric ones lol.

My personal preference is the paper strips, too. I find muslin strips soak up the wax and are too 'floppy' for my liking, but I guess that's because I've just got used to using paper over the years. Mind you, the various brands of paper strip really vary in quality - some of them are like waxing with cardboard!! :D

This is why i dont like the paper,as its too stiff for my liking....:lol:

I like the floppyness muslin type....:green:

Muslin for me to and as with the paper ones the quality varies in the cotton ones to_Once you open them hold them by a corner and give them a good shake outside.Cut them with very sharp scissors i actually use stork scissors.

I went through a phase where I could only use muslin at college, now all I use is paper. It feels more controlled when I pull them off than the fabric strips. At first I hated paper strips, now as a professional I can't get enough of paper lol.

i use fabric more flexable for me, however i use hard wax more and more on sensitive areas,top lip underarm bikini line, no paper or fabric needed. Clients find it less pain full as this sticks to the hair and not the skin as well?

Clients say paper striping more painfull than fabric , how doe everon e else feel.

I just find it painfull what ever i have not a high pain thresshole.... shame gas and air is not given !!

Yes this is a problem with the fabric strips when cut down.I cut mine over the bin then vigorously shake them out,again over the bin,this way any bits dont really come into contact with the client,her/his hair or clothing.HTH

Hi you could cut them with a set of pinking shears so they don't fray :hug: x

I prefer fabric. I open them up when I get them out of the packet, hold them in the middle and shake them from side to side over the bin. All the bits fly everywhere but it does the trick!! Mind you, anyone looking would think I'm a bit crazy if they didn't know what I was doing!!!! xx

Hi you could cut them with a set of pinking shears so they don't fray :hug: x

Thanks chuck but it wouldn't make any difference as the actual pkt is full of cotton bits,that's why I shake over bin and cut,sorts the problem out pretty quick.:green:

I use paper. We could use either at college and I just find paper easier for me.

I use the paper ones to cant stand the mess with the other ones:hug:

i use both

fabric for bikini and underarms and paper everywhere else

this is just how i find it easiest for me - although when i do hubby he prefers fabric when i do back wax rather than paper - but thats just him lol

nicola
x

I prefer paper, I feel more in control with it than with the fabric and paper is less messy for me. I got sick of all the bits from the fabric strips going all over the client.

Thanks for your replies. Quite a few tips there for cutting down on the 'bits'.
As usual, this site really is a huge 'think tank' :lol:

From my limited experiences so far I have to say I'm getting on really rather well with paper strips. Learnt with them and have carried on and am quite happy. So much so was in Ellisons Cash & Carry and bought about 10packs.

ive only been waxing for a few weeks but my new kit came today so it thought i would try out the fabric strips that came with it . there are really good actually , i mite stick to them rather than paper .

They were bitty but i did as u said and shook them over the bin . they r babyliss pro satin smooth fabric strips and the edges have been cut in a zig zag pattern and look like they r sealed so not much mess to be honest from these ones compred to others .

these were slightly more expensive than other atudent brands i have used but are good quality .

I prefer paper... When you are doing a leg wax i find the paper is quicker as you can pull one strip off and it can fall back down on the the next bit. The fabric ones are a but floppy so you have to place it on the next bit! If that makes sense!

I use fabric for eyebrows, but only cos i have loads and loads of it left so i am using it up!

x

i use paper for legs and fabric for underarms, bikini and face

i like to use both and feel they are both good but for different areas

Latest posts

Back