Potential to impact on getting a new job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimski

Reaction score
Right, I've got three interviews coming up in the next two weeks, but I'm getting really nervous as I have a slight gap between my two front teeth. I know this must sound ridiculous, but I've always been so so paranoid about it, to the point where I cover my mouth when I laugh and don't even really smile properly. I'm such a bubbly person and I do smile all the time, but make sure no one can see my teeth. I'm scared in case it would put a potential employer off? Please be nice, it's such a sensitive subject for me :(

Right, I've got three interviews coming up in the next two weeks, but I'm getting really nervous as I have a slight gap between my two front teeth. I know this must sound ridiculous, but I've always been so so paranoid about it, to the point where I cover my mouth when I laugh and don't even really smile properly. I'm such a bubbly person and I do smile all the time, but make sure no one can see my teeth. I'm scared in case it would put a potential employer off? Please be nice, it's such a sensitive subject for me :(

Not at all. Having gaps in your teeth will not stop you from getting a job. I have massive ears plus a massive wonky nose and a bit of facial scarring, don't worry about your teeth - I know it's easier said then done but try not let it stop you from smiling xxx

I would never ever not employ someone because of a small gap between their teeth!!!!! I'm sure it feels a lot bigger to you than it looks to us so get smiling and go for it!! X

A gap didn't stop Sam bailey winning X factor!!!! You go for it, good luck xxx

Employers should be concentrating on your skill, knowledge and your personality not your looks :) be more self confident you'll do fine!

Sent from stephanielouise

We all have parts if us we don't like! I truly wouldn't worry about it; im sure your are beautiful anyway! Having a gap between your teeth WILL NOT stop people employing you! If you has teeth like most of the people that are on the Jeremy Kyle show (like having just one in the front that's yellow and rotten ) then that might cause a problem! If you Google gap tooth celebrity your inundated with women with beautiful smiles! Im sure people don't look twice!

Your teeth im guessing are not anywhere near as bad as you think (we are exceptionally critical of our selves) but your confidence is lacking, so you need to work on that! Learn to love your self!

Now this is all coming from an ex salon manager, whos been employed for the past 16 years.... who has very very wonky teeth! ( I was ment to get jaw alignment but too much of a wimp)

People won't see the gap in your teeth when you smile, only see tge smile ! Trust me!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ps GOOD LUCK AND SMILE! Make them remember you as the bubbly girl who had a huge smile. .. not the miserable one who was shy!!! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was born with a lazy eye, I've had surgery on it twice so it's the same
Size as my other eye but they don't blink in time, so whenever I blink I look like I'm winking and it's never been a problem...honestly don not worry! And havnt you seen the makeup model with a teeth gap!? Employers won't take it into consideration at all hunni, good luck xxx

I personally think a gap in one's teeth is gorgeous! It's different and unique to you and makes you special. If we all looked the same life would be very boring. I have a chip in one of my front teeth but I won't fix it because I think it adds a bit of character:biggrin:. Best of luck in you're interviews:Love:xxx

Look at Casey on big brother, she has a gap in her teeth and is still a stunning model.
I think it adds character.
Smile and be proud hunni.
Good luck x

In parts of the world a gap is seen as a very very positive thing, a sign of wealth and beauty!
I have a small gap, it's closed over the years but a gap nonetheless.
No job is going to care, don't worry! I doubt they will even notice!

Last edited:
Hi mimski, I have a gap in my front teeth and have never even thought of it as a negative. I couldn't even imagine myself without it, I wouldn't be me. Embrace it I'm sure it's gorgeous!! Xx

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390768850.563256.jpg

I love gaps in teeth, I had one until I was around 12 and then it closed up as I grew I was so upset lol! So I wouldn't worry at all :) x

Yip, Lauren Hutton has as well

Having a gap in your front teeth is really fashionable at the moment! But if it's affecting your confidence have your thought about getting braces?
I also had in insecurities about my teeth, so I got braces! Best thing I ever did :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 12yr old daughter asked if it's possible to file a gap in, she calls it the London look off the tv advert, apparently it's the new beauty thing girls want :)
Smile, be proud n confident and good luck with the interviews :)

Oh my goodness, thank you everyone! You're right, I need to just show them thee person behind the teeth I guess. Time to pick up my confidence and show them why they should hire me :) xx

Latest posts

Back