pots for mixing glitters etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
hi everyone....can anyone tell me where i can buy little pots with screw top lids for mixing acrylics and glitters and stuff.....i only have 2 little plastic dappen dishes with lids so i need to find some little pots as i am fed up mixing up some different colours to experiment on handy andy my faithfull nail trainer, only to have to throw it out to mix something different........any help here would be greatly appreciated

thanks

stanleyann

I am not sure of everywhere that do them but I know Nailorder do little pots. The only thing to look out for is the type of plastic they are made from, you dont want to melt them. If they are too small then you will not get enough depth to make your beads without touching the sides of the dish.

The Creative One Stop Nail shop sell them in packs of 5 or 10 I think

stanleyann said:
hi everyone....can anyone tell me where i can buy little pots with screw top lids for mixing acrylics and glitters and stuff.....i only have 2 little plastic dappen dishes with lids so i need to find some little pots as i am fed up mixing up some different colours to experiment on handy andy my faithfull nail trainer, only to have to throw it out to mix something different........any help here would be greatly appreciated

thanks

stanleyann
hi
i get mine from this web site
http://www.shcweb.co.uk/storage/pots.html

the 10ml pots are ideal ...they also stack for easy storage ...and only £3.50 for 16 pots ...plus free delivery ...perfect
hope this helps
debbie

I get mine from OSNS and they are really good price only a couple of pounds for 10!!!

debbienailz said:
hi
i get mine from this web site
http://www.shcweb.co.uk/storage/pots.html

the 10ml pots are ideal ...they also stack for easy storage ...and only £3.50 for 16 pots ...plus free delivery ...perfect
hope this helps
debbie

these little pots look ok but like fiona says...will monomer melt them if it touches the plastic?....i was actually looking for the little glass jars/pots with screw top lids....i should have been more specific in my first post...sorry :o

the problem with the osns is i am not creative trained yet so will i be able to buy them?..if so can anyone tell me the website or the telephone number please

thanks

stanleyann

The restrictions in the OSNS only apply to liquid and powder purchases so you will be fine buying the pots.

Cheers
Carol

stanleyann said:
these little pots look ok but like fiona says...will monomer melt them if it touches the plastic?....i was actually looking for the little glass jars/pots with screw top lids....i should have been more specific in my first post...sorry :o

the problem with the osns is i am not creative trained yet so will i be able to buy them?..if so can anyone tell me the website or the telephone number please

thanks

stanleyann
they have never melted with me ...i don't actually touch the pot ...only the powder ...like i say i have never had a problem with them

take care
debbie

debbienailz said:
they have never melted with me ...i don't actually touch the pot ...only the powder ...like i say i have never had a problem with them

take care
debbie

thanks debbie...i will give them a bash i think :)

stanleyann

try your local pharmacy, i go to superdrug and the pharmacist sells me small glass jars with srew on lids. they are not on display you will have to ask or try aromantic.com.

well as you all know i am always mixing new glitter powders up done 3 more this week :green:

I use the ones from creative i prefer these as they also come in a tube to keep them in and i think they cost me about £1.90+ vat

Well, I'm even tighter than the lot of you :) . I use my old film containers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back