Powder Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauport

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this salon geek stuff and pretty new to being a nail tech in fact still training but I need some help from you guys out there. Is there such a thing as powder gel? I know this is probably a dumb question but please bear with me I am really curious as to if powder gel exists help

Hi I am new to this salon geek stuff and pretty new to being a nail tech in fact still training but I need some help from you guys out there. Is there such a thing as powder gel? I know this is probably a dumb question but please bear with me I am really curious as to if powder gel exists help

Basically no! If it's a powder, the chances are it's part of a liquid and powder (L+P) system - which most people call 'acrylic'. Here's the thing though - all nail systems are acrylic in chemical make up, l+p, gel, fibreglass...... all from the acrylic family of chemicals! What sysytem are you using??

There is a system called Acrygel which uses a powder in conjunction with gel, but I've never used it..... I'll see if I can hunt out some threads for you to look at.

hth's

yes there is a powder gel its called LeChat. Its an absolute brill product very strong and flexible too. I absolutely love it. Available in soak off too. Acrygel is gel and acrylic powder - use this product too - but is applied completely differently. If you need more information let me know

Thanks for your help and the link to lechat it was a great help - I use NSI gel system and love it but sometimes get bubbles in the finish when it is cured any answers for that one

Basically no!

yes there is a powder gel its called LeChat. Its an absolute brill product very strong and flexible too. I absolutely love it. Available in soak off too. Acrygel is gel and acrylic powder - use this product too - but is applied completely differently. If you need more information let me know

Sorry, I was unaware of the Le Chat product...... Didn't mean to mislead you.....

What is this product called please? where can i buy it?

thanks

We have a product like this

It is an odourless UV liquid & powder system

You dip the brush in the liquid, then in the powder. The mixture becomes gel-like. You apply it to the nail like gel and cure it in a lamp like gel.

It has the strength of acrylic and can also be soaked off.

Gina x

Latest posts

Back