Power sockets or the cold atmosphere?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi

I am renting a room in a salon. I have had a terrible time with a new batch of OPI gel polishes they are not curing in my two uv lamps each end of my table.
I sent a few bottles back as they could no longer be used to the wholesalers, they have been very helpful and actually tested the OPI colours I took back with an LED lamp and found they cured and said there was nothing wrong with them. They have very kindly lent me the Led lamp for a week until I buy two new led lamps from them.
I only have one plug socket by my nail station with two uv lamps and a work light plugged into an extension lead.
My wax pot which is plugged into a socket along the same wall doesn’t warm up enough I have to have it on high to heat the wax. Everything else works fine.
It is also a freezing cold salon and I thought that might affect my gel polishes?
Is it my lamps, power supply or the cold atmosphere?
Thank you

Hi

I am renting a room in a salon. I have had a terrible time with a new batch of OPI gel polishes they are not curing in my two uv lamps each end of my table.
I sent a few bottles back as they could no longer be used to the wholesalers, they have been very helpful and actually tested the OPI colours I took back with an LED lamp and found they cured and said there was nothing wrong with them. They have very kindly lent me the Led lamp for a week until I buy two new led lamps from them.
I only have one plug socket by my nail station with two uv lamps and a work light plugged into an extension lead.
My wax pot which is plugged into a socket along the same wall doesn’t warm up enough I have to have it on high to heat the wax. Everything else works fine.
It is also a freezing cold salon and I thought that might affect my gel polishes?
Is it my lamps, power supply or the cold atmosphere?
Thank you

As side from your 'non curing gel'....who want's to sit in a freezing cold salon!:eek:

I'm a bit confused by your questions, I don't use OPI so you might need to fill in the blanks for me.

1) you say new batch of gel polishes, have OPI changed their formula recently? I ask because you can't cure then in a UV lamp but wholesaler cures them fine in LED, that sounds to me like the polishes are LED cure not UV. Maybe they've changed their formula.

2) if your desk lamp is working ok, not dim or flickering, then its unlikely an issue with the power, most extension leads have surge protection built in and if it was faulty it would trip your fuses. If you are worried try plugging the lamp or wax pot directly into the socket (remove the extension lead) and see what happens. I don't think it's likely to be the electricity but worth a shot.

3) wax pot is not connected to the extension so I don't think they are related, it seems like a coincidence. Have you tried taking the pot home and testing it? If the salon is that cold it could be an issue with the the wax pot.

As side from your 'non curing gel'....who want's to sit in a freezing cold salon!:eek:
Red star it’s freezing in there. It’s a hairdressers and I am renting a small space out the back of the property which is joined to a conservatory with double sliding doors the conservatory is like an ice box when it’s cold. I my landlord is installing a radiator. The cold has affected my products my acrylic will not set properly or takes longer than usual and my gel polishes are not setting. X

I'm a bit confused by your questions, I don't use OPI so you might need to fill in the blanks for me.

1) you say new batch of gel polishes, have OPI changed their formula recently? I ask because you can't cure then in a UV lamp but wholesaler cures them fine in LED, that sounds to me like the polishes are LED cure not UV. Maybe they've changed their formula.

2) if your desk lamp is working ok, not dim or flickering, then its unlikely an issue with the power, most extension leads have surge protection built in and if it was faulty it would trip your fuses. If you are worried try plugging the lamp or wax pot directly into the socket (remove the extension lead) and see what happens. I don't think it's likely to be the electricity but worth a shot.

3) wax pot is not connected to the extension so I don't think they are related, it seems like a coincidence. Have you tried taking the pot home and testing it? If the salon is that cold it could be an issue with the the wax pot.

Trinity
The wax pot is plugged directly into the socket. Good idea I’m bringing it home tonight to test it it could be coincidence.

I know that if a lamp is plugged into an extension lead it can cause curing issues. Might Be worth trying your uv lamps directly into a wall socket to see if that makes a difference x

No one will want to pay money for a service that is cold & uncomfortable.
Good luck with that gig!:eek:

Latest posts

Back