PPE disposal or washing machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi I wondered if anyone could advise.. I have a small home salon and work alone I have more than enough gowns to run them through the wash after each use and tumble dry them. I’m just a bit cautious about COVID 19 I will wear a visor and gloves but should i be buying disposable Ppe aswell?

I shall be washing as much as possible at 60 or 90 degrees rather than using disposable plastic items. Better for the environment.

Working from home, I can do this but I can see how large salons might have to use disposable items.

Hi I wondered if anyone could advise.. I have a small home salon and work alone I have more than enough gowns to run them through the wash after each use and tumble dry them. I’m just a bit cautious about COVID 19 I will wear a visor and gloves but should i be buying disposable Ppe aswell?
As long as they're washed at 60 degrees it's safe to reuse :) for peace of mind you could always add a capful of disinfectant/ laundry disinfectant to the wash :)

I agree with ronray , Dettol make laundry disinfectant. Bought some today !

Latest posts

Back