PPE nail tech rules

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachF

Reaction score
Hi, I work from home. My clients all wear masks as do I, they sanitise on arrival and put their belongings in a disinfected box downstairs. I have clean gloves for each client and they have their own nail files etc which I keep bagged up with their names on. I clean down between clients, leave the window open a little. I have a large Perspex sneeze guard as a barrier when doing nails. My question is, do you all wear a visor too when using the sneeze guard? I wear my visor for facial treatments etc but wondered if the visor has to be worn as well as mask/sneeze guard? Thanks

No, either/or is acceptable. The Guidelines say 'barrier' - this can be either visor or screen.

The rules have been changed again unfortunately and they no longer say barrier. They say that a visor OR goggles need to be worn in addition to the mask :-(

The rules have been changed again unfortunately and they no longer say barrier. They say that a visor OR goggles need to be worn in addition to the mask :-(
Do you have recommendations for goggles?
Also if you wear glasses are they classed as eye protection?

Do you have recommendations for goggles?
Also if you wear glasses are they classed as eye protection?
Sorry I dont use goggles . and no glasses are not classed as goggles so if a glasses wearer it needs to be visor OR goggles additionally . I wear glasses and dont think I would like goggles as well . I use a visor and a screen and I don't even notice the visor on :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-01 23.40.15.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-01 23.40.15.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Sorry I dont use goggles . and no glasses are not classed as goggles so if a glasses wearer it needs to be visor OR goggles additionally . I wear glasses and dont think I would like goggles as well . I use a visor and a screen and I don't even notice the visor on :)
Thank you 🙂

That’s a pain, I find that wearing glasses, a mask and a visor to be really hot and I get glare off the visor, I don’t understand why the sneeze guard isn’t enough, oh well, visor it is then 😩

That’s a pain, I find that wearing glasses, a mask and a visor to be really hot and I get glare off the visor, I don’t understand why the sneeze guard isn’t enough, oh well, visor it is then 😩
I feel the same, having to wear all 3 😔

I agree with you . I dont see how the visor is any better than a screen . I asked my customers what they thought though and they all want me to keep the screen there as they feel safer . In fact just ordered another screen lol. I find my visor ok . No glare and dont know its on . I got this one off ebay Full Face Shield Cover Anti Fog Screen Transparent HD Clear Visor | eBay

I agree with you . I dont see how the visor is any better than a screen . I asked my customers what they thought though and they all want me to keep the screen there as they feel safer . In fact just ordered another screen lol. I find my visor ok . No glare and dont know its on . I got this one off ebay Full Face Shield Cover Anti Fog Screen Transparent HD Clear Visor | eBay
I’ve just ordered one of those from your link, thank you, maybe my glasses with the nail light bouncing off the visor make it glarey sometimes , I do find visors make it less clear to see, kind of vital in our job 😂. I too think a screen is much more effective as a larger area is covered, I think all of this is going a bit too far now, I’ll be glad when it’s all bloomin over!!!

Just found this on wish...

Well that shows I don't know how to add lol

Screenshot_20201002-173332_Wish.jpg

I’ve just ordered one of those from your link, thank you, maybe my glasses with the nail light bouncing off the visor make it glarey sometimes , I do find visors make it less clear to see, kind of vital in our job 😂. I too think a screen is much more effective as a larger area is covered, I think all of this is going a bit too far now, I’ll be glad when it’s all bloomin over!!!
Yeap . One on one with screen and mask and all the normal hygiene measures we all take is not ok for us yet 30+ people all getting pissed in a pub ,no masks on and no social distancing is fine apparently :mad: :mad: :mad: But actually when it IS all over I think I will still keep the screen as may give me some degree of protection from all the normal coughs and colds that go around

Yeap . One on one with screen and mask and all the normal hygiene measures we all take is not ok for us yet 30+ people all getting pissed in a pub ,no masks on and no social distancing is fine apparently :mad: :mad: :mad: But actually when it IS all over I think I will still keep the screen as may give me some degree of protection from all the normal coughs and colds that go around
I agree completely.....feels we are being unfairly targeted. I’m hoping with all this extra protection that I don’t get the usual pre Christmas germs from my clients that makes me ill every year....well I won’t be as busy this year, that’s for sure 😩

Latest posts

Back