PPE gowns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunflower46

Reaction score
Hi, just curious to see what other stylists are doing about the gown situation ? I'm using disposable plastic ones at the moment but I hate the amount of plastic waste. We don't have a washing machine at work to wash normal gowns in between every client. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

A wash at 60 degrees is perfectly acceptable, they'll dry super quick, take them home bagged seperately, wash you hands after loading the machine, clean bag to take them back next day

Have enough gowns for 2 or even just 1 full days worth of clients , After each use pop in a bag you can seal, take home at the end of the day wash on a 60, dry re-bag singly and off you go again for another day

Hi, just curious to see what other stylists are doing about the gown situation ? I'm using disposable plastic ones at the moment but I hate the amount of plastic waste. We don't have a washing machine at work to wash normal gowns in between every client. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks
You need to weigh it up. I was taking gowns and towels home and washing every day. It took too much time, especially if there was already a load mid cycle when I got home! And, because the loads were small and being washed at 60 degrees, that wasn't good for the environment (or my electric bill) either. I'm using disposable gowns now, not ideal but for me the best option.

I have a washinh machine and dryer in salon, so we wash gowns after every client. There is a local laundry who I've dropped to when my dryer was broken, who were pretty reasonable. There's also a local service from another laundrette who will pick up and deliver if doing fairly regularly, so these maybe another option.

Latest posts

Back