PR refreshing gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hertsgirl

Reaction score
Ladies I have just had one of my regular Brazilian wax clients and she has reacted to the PR refreshing gel. Has anybody else had this? I usually just use jasmine oil

Jane

I usually use both. Never had any reactions from clients. Was it definitely the gel? Have you waxed before and there has been no reaction with just the oil?

Vic x

Hi Vic

Never happened before with her, first time today used the gel and she said it really stings and she was much redder than usual. I quickly damped some pads with cold water and bathed the area and have told her to have a very cool shower.

Jane

Ladies I have just had one of my regular Brazilian wax clients and she has reacted to the PR refreshing gel. Has anybody else had this? I usually just use jasmine oil

Jane
I apply the refreshing gel to all my clients after their intimate waxing and it's always fine. Perhaps she may have a reaction to one of the ingredients or perhaps her skin was just a bit sensitive.

I love the gel and haven't had any reactions. X

Maybe I used too much. I mixed both gel and jasmine oil together in my hand and then applied to the area. Pleased she was a regular client, she was lovely and understanding!!

People can be allergic to many things whilst others can handle anything. Good chance it was cooling gel if that's only difference. I use jasmine oil then the gel and haven't had any reactions but always a first time. Simple products and E45 are terrible for my skin and can make it flare up in seconds but haven't spoken to anyone else that reacts to those products. So just because it's fine for first 1,000 clients it doesn't mean it'll be okay for 1,001 client. As you say, luckily it was a regular but I'd say your quick reaction helped too.
I always have a nappy cream (sudacrem for example) and if I see anyone is redder than usual I put a thin layer of this on.

Latest posts

Back