Practice hand vs real hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat205

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I’m new to the site but have been viewing for weeks (finally plucked up courage to post)
I’m starting my acrylic course in a few weeks and have been looking into the practice hands..... which look a bit of a contraption to me and don’t seem to resemble natural nail beds????
Anyways, am I wasting my money or have they proven to be a valuable tool whilst practicing?

Thanks in advance for any advice.......im really excited to be starting my journey in nails :biggrin:

Practice hands, I find, are a good foundation for practicing the sculpting aspect of enhancements. They're pretty big, and my instructor always said if you can work on a big/long nail, you can work on any nail. :)

Definately worth it IMO as you can practises when ever you need to you dont need to hassle people to practice on or do any harm to yourself keep removing product or overfiling x

Thats great thanks for your advice - i will buy a hand then lol :biggrin:

My best friend is ”Martha” who is my practice hand! Newer she complains ..
I do a lot of design tryouts on her every day. Don’t like to ask if people around wants to try out my design ideas.
For now I’m a sucker for stilettos don’t think I’m ever going to do them for real, but I’m in love with them. So I now have a picframe full of stilettos just to inspire, color, shape and design. And do I love to sit with Martha.
Just finished my new set of nails. First I did them on the hand to be sure the design worked.. It takes forever to do nailart on the wrong hand so I want to be sure of design before I get on nailarting.
So buy the hand, not only for practice ..

Absolutely fantastic should you ever wish to go down the e-file route.

I've been practising for a couple of weeks on mine with the e-file. Invaluable for making mistakes which you can't do on a real person. Great for turning up the drill high to realise the power and what you can do when filing too hard.

I was going to sell mine a couple of months ago I'm so very very pleased I didn't. Xx

I got the "Nail Trainer" and love it! Very realistic and when im not practicing on it, i just paint the nails up real nice and the women love to see the new colors/techniques on it. I have sold at least 5-6 new clients on the idea of gelish just by seeing the hand and asking about it! I have a little card by it mentioning the 2-3 week manicure. The extra business it has prompted has paid for the hand as well!
Its sunny here, hope it is where you are!! ;)

I have always used mine off and on , at first for practice , application , file control , sometimes I use it for new designs , and found a whole new use for it when i started E filing . :D

Latest posts

Back