Practice head for make up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
I there such thing as a practice head for makeup ?
i know you can get normal blocks for hair and ones to practice putting on false eyelashes.

thanks Karen, your a star
Carrie xx

I there such thing as a practice head for makeup ?
i know you can get normal blocks for hair and ones to practice putting on false eyelashes.
The only thing with practicing make up on a practice head is that in all honesty it will be difficult to get any real idea of how the colours will blend together,for example the eyes.
The plastic and skin are very different and personally I think it would be far more practical to practice on real people so to speak.
When I did my training at college we had to do several case studies then place the colours we had used onto a face drawn on paper,as I blended the colours together it gave a totally different result than that of when applied to a real face.
I think these dummy heads are good maybe for hair and even learning face painting techniques but for make-up,which involves a lot of blending I dont think it's very worthwhile.This is just my personal opinion though for what it's worth.:green:

yeah, thats what i thought, A girl whos working in my salon for work experience asked today about it, so i said ill help her, i thought it be grt for practising false eyelashes tho!!

Latest posts

Back