Practising 3d acrylic flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjoetiekje

Reaction score
I'm practising 3d acrylic flowers at the moment, quite happy how they turned out...but tips & tricks are verrrrryy welcome! So how do you make them? I'm using e regular acrylic brush and I put a little acetone in to the liquid, that way the acrylic hardens slower.

Attachments

• flower.jpg
    flower.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 3,509
Thats beautiful i wish my 3d flowers were that nice.
Looking forward to seeing any tips..

There beautiful, doesn't look like u need practise.

they look great .
i've been doing 3d gel.
more basic looking than yours.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 440
Ooohh these are lovely too, I actually have a jar of 3d gel but never used it..think I will now. :)

they are gorgeous

They look lovely!!!!!

i would love to give any tips but flowers are something im struggling with but in fairness ive not had the time to practise, bows and daisys i can do no problem its the more complicated stuff with lots of petals it starts off well but soon just looks like a messy blob of acrylic!! lol

I have got a 1-2-1 next week with my harmony educator i think i may have to have a practice then.

They look lovely!!!!!

i would love to give any tips but flowers are something im struggling with but in fairness ive not had the time to practise, bows and daisys i can do no problem its the more complicated stuff with lots of petals it starts off well but soon just looks like a messy blob of acrylic!! lol

I have got a 1-2-1 next week with my harmony educator i think i may have to have a practice then.

can we have some BOW tips then please hun..mine are dire

I'm practising 3d acrylic flowers at the moment, quite happy how they turned out...but tips & tricks are verrrrryy welcome! So how do you make them? I'm using e regular acrylic brush and I put a little acetone in to the liquid, that way the acrylic hardens slower.

i think these look stunning....
i have been "doing" acrylic for 8 years and still cant master 3d...:sad:

can we have some BOW tips then please hun..mine are dire

Sure, I'll try my best I always work drier doing 3d work as if it's too wet ur just going to lose shape.

I always start with the centre of the bow first then once that is in place and setting I start with one of the outer sections either one I tend to place it next to the centre that I have just done pull it out making it wider so it fans out (keep flattening with the belly of ur brush,also keep wiping ur brush to remove excess monomer) and shape and repeat on the other side.

Then as the other side is setting for extra detail I lightly use my brush and push it into the side part of the bow to create a dimple or two.

Then do the other side. Hths and u have understood it not very good at explaining things in writing. I have attached a pic.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340286346.422853.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340286346.422853.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 283
They are perfect!

But i find my acrylic sets too slow, i hate waiting for the bounce back to go so i can mould the petal, how come you want it to be slower??

BE carefull if your using that brush to put enhancement on as you shouldnt use acetone on that brush - Product breakdown or yellowing could occur, happend to me years ago, valuble lesson learned! :) xx

Latest posts

Back