Practising My Mix Ratio

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a trained CND nail tech. but have been working mainly with gel over the past years.

I want to practis a bit again on my l&p skills and i was wondering out of which material i could make a practise sheet for the mix ratio of my beads.
If i do it on plastic should they sink about 25% of their height for the right bead? they always act so different on plastic as on a natural nail...

thx :green:

Hi,

I am a trained cnd nail tech. but have been working mainly with gel over the past years.

I want to practise a bit again on my l&p skills and i was wondering out of which material i could make a practise sheet for the mix ratio of my beads.
If i do it on plastic should they sink about 25% of their height for the right bead? they always act so different on plastic as on a natural nail...

thx :green:

Once you have placed your bead, it should take about 3 seconds for it to turn shiny and drop (about 25%) but I think the tutorial above from my book 'nailclass' should help allot.

You can always practise on your own natural nail and then wipe off before it sets.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/8912-product-control-part-1-mix-ratio.html

Hi

When i was trained, i was given an A4 sheet of paper which had been laminated as you can just flick them off when your ready and try again. Hope this helps.

Hi

When i was trained, i was given an A4 sheet of paper which had been laminated as you can just flick them off when your ready and try again. Hope this helps.

Does practising on this paper gives you the same feel as working on a nail? I always have the impression that my beads go flatter when i do it on plastic then a real nail.

As long as you're practicing the right technique, you'll be fine either way.

I used all the abandoned tips that were hanging around the salon and that gave me a better feel than working on something flat. I could never get the hang of it on a flat surface.

Happy Practicing!

S

As long as you're practicing the right technique, you'll be fine either way.

I used all the abandoned tips that were hanging around the salon and that gave me a better feel than working on something flat. I could never get the hang of it on a flat surface.

Happy Practicing!

S

Aha...that,s indeed maybe easier to get a better grip since *as you mentioned* the surface isn,t flat.
I am going to look for some abandonned nail tips.
I want to get the ratio spot on that i could create perfect beads with my eyes closed every time :lol:

Latest posts

Back