Practising on Real People?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanessaB

Reaction score
When did you guys start practising on real people?

I did my training in January but due to work commitments have only really started to improve in the last two months.

Up until now Ive been using the old nail trainer with mixed results! I find it quite hard going on the nail trainer but am nervous about trying my skills on real people. I live in a small community so dont want to put people off for when I do open my salon for real.

Also did anyone charge while they were still training as Im running out of cash to keep buying product and my hubbie is starting to notice an ever increasing credit card bill! Im just addicted to Creative! :D

Use the good training you have had -- put into practice the techniques you were taught and work slowly and carefully and gently and there is no reason why you cannot start working on 'real' people right away.

You had to work on real people during your Foundation Class!! Working on 'real' people is in fact even easier than on the nail trainer because the nails are smaller.

Just take things step by step and be thorough.

Even if you only charge for your product, you SHOULD make a charge. People do not value things they get for free.

Sounds like great advice but as I live in a small community I worry that if a make a small charge now and my nails arent fantastic - will that put people off when I start charging full price?

Also when do I decide to charging properly? Whats the successful way to make a small charge for product then go on to full price once Im ready?

Dilemma!

The successful way is to be honest.

Tell people that for the first 3 months (put a time limit on it straight away so they are warned) of trading you will be making a small charge until you get your TIMING up to speed. Once your TIMING is up to industry standard, you will go up to full price.

Tell them that what they are paying less for is not your lack of skill but your lack of experience in performing the service in a specific time and it is your way of saying thanks for allowing you more of their time while you perform your job.

Don't dwell on the negative. Be positive. there is always more than one way of putting things.

At the end of the 3 months when your charge goes up, maybe one or two will push off elsewhere but each new client paying full price will make up for the lost one. If your work is good and your service constant, you will not have people leaving ... why would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back