Pravana vivids on overprocessed hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair on Fleek

Reaction score
I was wondering if pravana vivids would be a good canidate for overprocessed hair that also wont hold color very well... Considering its a direct dye will it harm your hair more? I was also considering diluting it with olaplex #2... Ive heard you can do this... I would really like more info. on this.. Any help is appreciated!!

Direct dyes are usually good for overprocessed hair. If you have uneven pososity and sensitivy along the hair shaft colours can fade out at different rates/tones since each tube of a colour will be made up of a mixure of different types of direct dyes, some that will 'stick' to sensitised hair more than others!

Olaplex is great to mix with direct colours. You can mix with step one or two, number two will pastelise and make the mixture go further.

Sounds like you have a good plan!

Direct dyes are usually good for overprocessed hair. If you have uneven pososity and sensitivy along the hair shaft colours can fade out at different rates/tones since each tube of a colour will be made up of a mixure of different types of direct dyes, some that will 'stick' to sensitised hair more than others!

Olaplex is great to mix with direct colours. You can mix with step one or two, number two will pastelise and make the mixture go further.

Sounds like you have a good plan!
I so appreciate the response! Are there any other lines you would reccomend as far as direct dyes? Also when I want to remove the color what would you suggest??

Latest posts

Back