Pre bonded extensions pulling my hair out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByImogen

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post on here, I'm a hairdresser however I'm not trained in hair extensions so i don't have a great deal of knowledge about extensions and what to expect.

I had a fullhead of prebonded extensions fitted on the 1st dec and since then I've had lost 7 bonds, all of which have contained my own hair with it.. at first I was worried then I thought maybe this was due to the natural shedding process.. However I've now seen some small bald spots on my scalp!! Surely this can't be normal? What is causing this?

Hoping somebody can shed some light on this as I'm in panic mode, I don't want to be bald!

I'm not a hair dresser either but have worn extensions a long time and never had this happen, losing hair in the bond is normal due to the normal shedding process but bald spots isn't.

From the small amount of knowledge I've got, it sounds like it may be tension alopecia. I'd definitely say to get it checked out :)

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

The bonds have possibly been fitted too tight on your scalp, have a word with your extensionist xo

They've either been fitted too tight.. Or the weight of the bonds are too heavy for your hair ..
Or when brushing and styling you are being too rough resulting in pulling them out along with your hair..

Thanks for the responses.

The bonds really aren't tight at all, they had a some space from my scalp and felt really comfortable, and my hair seems to be attached to the same thickness of extension so that's what has confused me!

There's only one tiny bald spot and now I'm thinking maybe it's due to my own brushing and being too rough. I'll take extra care from now on and it I notice anymore coming out then I'll speak to my extentionist

I need to hold the bonds at the top of your head when you are brushing.
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back