Pre bonded hair extension help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarragon87

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have booked in with my local salon to get pre bonded extensions fitted to my hair however I have to provide the hair. I have been looking around and as money is tight this month I cant afford the best hair. I have seen three types of hair that I want and was wondering which one is the best to get? They are I&K, Foxy hair extensions and Hair Planet. Has anyone ever used any of these and if so how long do they last? Also the hair dresser said she uses the raccoon bonding system, I have heard of raccoon hair but im not sure what is different with doing raccoon bonding? I am assuming I just buy the nail tip pre bonded hair? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

I don't mean to be rude but definitely ask the person who is firing them which type you will need to buy, we aren't doing it so we can't tell you.
Of those 3 I prefer hair planet

hi thanks for your reply. I have been reading up on it and apparently its just a different glue they use, i will also ring up and the hair extension place who are fitting them just to make sure.
Yes i was thinking Hair Planet too! they seem to get the best reviews.

thanks again

If they are using the racoon glue they should be using racoon hair as well therefore them supplying the hair. Not using decent hair will lead 2 a lot of shedding etc.
If they are a racoon registered salon they should be using the system as a whole.
Personally I would steer clear save a wee bit more money and get a good set put in and probably not by them
Xx

out of those 3 hair planet - dont go i&k its horrid hair matts really easy and tangles :) Foxy ive got some samples looks quite nice but its very tapered hair planets isnt as much and ive used theirs on a few clients and theyve loved it
however its odd you have to get your own hair!!!

Why are you providing the hair? I've never heard of this before?..

thank you i will be going with hair planet. most the hairdressers in hull seem to do the fitting but you have to provide the hair it is strange i know. I usually get my hair done down south by a lady but she charges around £400 and i dont have the funds so going to try doing it this way.

Hi
I'm from Hull. Please please be careful. There are plenty of great technicians in hull who will provide good quality hair within the price of the fitting. Some of the salons locally who work in the way you've discussed don't always have the best reputation and try to just bang out as many sets as they can a day. It usually ends up much more expensive too sourcing your own hair and then paying them for a fitting. xx

does anyone know roughly how long hair planet extensions last? i really need them to last about 7 weeks.

i also wash my hair once a week maybe even less then that as i dont get greasy hair much and use dry shampoo.

thanks

Sorry to say this but i think you should go to someone else. The hair could last x amount of weeks if cared for properly but if not fitted properly could last just days.
I think you need to go to someone who will do a proper consultation give proper after care and supply the hair. If she's not supplying the hair then she should at least tell you the best place to use and why. You said they use racoon system that's not pre bonds hun it all seems a bit fishy to me

totally back this up! When the salon are referring to "the racoon system" it is simply fusion. I pick up lots of clients(as i'm sure we all do) from hull who have been to these salons who attach bonds way too large for the section sizes, they don't cut them in leaving the client with a mullet and balding spots. It's places like this that helps to give extensions a bad reputation. Clients think this is a cheaper way of having extensions but it really isn't - they sell them two wefts at approx £75 anch charge £100 to fit! (and just to add the hair really isn't worth £75 per weft either!)

its a very big hairdressers and i cant see them doing a bad job, lots of people have had them done there before. also if it falls out after a few days im sure they will fix it they will also have insurance etc and gaurentees. Ive used a mobile one before who provided the hair herself. i asked for luxury remy indian hair and was installed chinese bonds around 120 so it looked terrible cost me £350. when i complained she became rude and wouldnt fix it so i believe going to a hairdressers is better. however thanks for everyones advice. :D

i really think you should find someone else! this salon dosent sound right to me!
im sure there some great technicians in hull :D
im in lincs so quite local to you!!

Helen do you fit pre bonded hair? If so what's your charges and would you come to hull to do it? I need it doing this Friday night or sat day

Latest posts

Back