pre cooking roast potatoes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Well ive just finished prepping me vegs for the big day tomoz,im in two minds as wether to cook me roast pots now...:rolleyes:,i was watching Anthea Turner yesterday and she said about roasting your potatoes on christmas eve, and then just heat em for 10 mins in the oven on xmas day.Does anybody else do this,if so are they ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ive just finished prepping me vegs for the big day tomoz,im in two minds as wether to cook me roast pots now...:rolleyes:,i was watching Anthea Turner yesterday and she said about roasting your potatoes on christmas eve, and then just heat em for 10 mins in the oven on xmas day.Does anybody else do this,if so are they ok.
now im not too sure I know what they look like when ive accidently left the "leftovers" out overnight and not chucked them out and they go all yukky looking... but then again if its worked for anthea!? who knows.

I'm not too sure bout this either, perhaps you could par boil them tonight and roast them tomorow. When I do roast potatoes I par boil them for about 8 mins before roasting, so they are still a bit hard. Not sure if that helps at all but hope it does :)

When I do roast potatoes I par boil them for about 8 mins before roasting, so they are still a bit hard. Not sure if that helps at all but hope it does :)
Yes, this is what i normally do,im a bit unsure about it too, dont think i ll chance it, i ll try it another weekend when i do a roast , then i will know for next year.:)

I know it's a bit late now, but just in case anyone is curious. I roasted my veges on Christmas eve and warmed them for about half an hour on the day. They didn't come out as crisp as freshly cooked ones but with a bit of hot gravy over them, no one knew any different.

i did my roasties different this year - i par boiled for 6 mins,(as usual) but then tossed them with dry semolina (instead of seasoned flour) - they were to die for.

i did my roasties different this year - i par boiled for 6 mins,(as usual) but then tossed them with dry semolina (instead of seasoned flour) - they were to die for.

oooh thats sounds nice , I think Ill give that a go ,
I sometimes use semolina for pastry instead of flour as its not as fattening
thanks for the tip Peterpan

also does anybody rough up their par boiled potatoes up before roasting ?

yeah i do :lol:

Thank you peter pan I just tried the semolina tip on the roasties for our dinner,
and they were extra scrummy :hug: lol x

Thank you peter pan I just tried the semolina tip on the roasties for our dinner,
and they were extra scrummy :hug: lol x

im good for some things then eh :lol:

I steam my potatoes until they're nice and floury, almost falling apart, and then very carefully, place them in my deep fat fryer and they're done in about 5 or so minutes - lovely and fluffy on the inside and gorgeous and crispy on the outside. The nicest I've tasted in a long time. :)

I steam my potatoes until they're nice and floury, almost falling apart, and then very carefully, place them in my deep fat fryer and they're done in about 5 or so minutes - lovely and fluffy on the inside and gorgeous and crispy on the outside. The nicest I've tasted in a long time. :)

i've done this a few times, they do taste wonderful

Latest posts

Back